Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rules in the Home

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 3:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 326 Total Views
Okay, I know we are all mothers, and there are rules in our homes if we want to keep order.  BUT, us being milli-brats, we have a little twist to our reasons of insanity on house rules.  What is the one rule that you beieve you have 'extraordinary' than other moms that have rugrats running through your house?
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CoplienM
by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 12:42 PM
Most civilian moms think I'm weird because I don't clean my son up after every meal. There's no point because he's going to get into something anyway, so I just give him this giant bath at the end of the day. Everyone gets uptight about their children being clean, but their children. They're going to get dirty, so I just wait until he's done with what he's doing to get him suited up for the next event.
gemuine
by Group Owner on Apr. 2, 2007 at 11:05 AM

I believe this entertwine with just traditional bring up....always respecting my mother when she comes over.  We always stand up straight when we are in her presence.  Also saying yes ma'am or no ma'am. 

Kirs
by Member on Apr. 5, 2007 at 12:10 PM
my rule. . .most people think I am out of my mind, but come on we all grew up military right. . .my dad was a stickler on cleaning the house and so am I. . .I mean white glove inspection.  I make my daughter clean her room by herself. . .most mommies I know do it for them.  I know she is only 3 but she has to learn sometime. . .and I will do random inspections just to insure. 
gemuine
by Group Owner on Apr. 6, 2007 at 11:22 AM
I know what you mean.  My mom started me on making my bed at 2.  I have been very lenient with my oldest son.  But it's probably because of his learning pace.  My youngest is a little over 2 and he cleans up after himself in toys, plates of food, wipes down the table, the dog, his face (with the same cloth). Buy my son is definetely built differently. 
momof4plus
by on Jun. 4, 2007 at 9:30 AM
Respecting your elders was always a huge thing and I do live by it still it is the one thing i expect from my kids and step kids....My mil will tell ya she can tell i am a mili brat born and raised cause I dont put up with the bullshit that some parents do.,...and this has caused us to clash....at times but she know that is who i am and i am extremely anal about my house being clean and i wipe my walls monthly not to many of my friends do that...lol
kittykat924
by Member on Jun. 27, 2007 at 11:06 AM
Even though I grew up mili most people would say I have a lot of patience and am pretty lenient. There are however two things I won't tolerate from my kids. They cannot lie to me and get caught and the other is stealing. We discuss a lot of other things and sometimes negotiate. I have to say though that my husband is much harder on my kids than me.
CoplienM
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 9:59 AM
I don't smoke around my mom or even in the near vicinity of her. It's out of respect, even if she smokes herself.
I knock before I enter their house, even if they live down the block.
I always failed room inspection. (I'm the rebel daughter).
desertsunflower
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2007 at 12:02 AM

alot of my rules are the same as the rest you guys.  The yes ma'am and sir thing is a big thing.  My 4 year old says yes sir to everyone , no matter the gender.  Respect is a big thing, always.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)