Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

July 14, 2007 Bible Reading

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 6:57 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 158 Total Views

July 14, 2007, Saturday
The Everyday Bible Reading, 
Reading the entire Bible in 1 year
Read:
First Chronicles 7:1 through 8:28
Psalm  81:1-7
Proverbs  17:22-23
Acts  14:8-28

"No Reason to Smile"
A joyful heart is good medicine,
but a broken spirit dries up the bones.
-Proverbs 17:22

A surprising thing takes place in those whose temper is tempered b the Holy Spirit --bad temper is replaced by a growing sense of humor.  God has given us the power of humor, not only to laugh at things, but to laugh off things.  I am not suggesting that we ought to use laughter to deny realities, but humor often reduces things to their proper size.
     I once heard a preacher say:  "There is no good in a movement or a person where there is no good humor, for goodness has laughter as a corollary."  There is something basically wrong with a person who, at appropriate times, cannot break out into hearty laughter.  I heard recently of a member of the Irish Republican Army who was wonderfully converted.  He spent the first month after his conversion in the home of a minister who said of him:  "It was two weeks before I saw him smile, and when I spoke to him about this, he said:  "I have been in a grim business, plotting against people...and the way I was living, there was just no reason to smile"  How tragic!  "Just no reason to smile"  Depend on it, where you cannot smile, you cannot live --you just exist.
SMILE!!!!

Transcript above taken from the Christian Standard Version/ Everyday with Jesus Bible, A One Year Reading Bible. 

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)