Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I survived!!

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:52 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 316 Total Views
Hi Ladies!

Yes, I survived my Heart Attack but it sure was a scary life really did pass by me and I was so, so scared.

For the grace of God and my wonderful Doctors I am here to tell the story!

So if you or a loved one have had a heart attack let's tell our stories, support one another and share our secrets for our new lifes.

"Heartfully" yours,

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2008 at 9:46 AM

My friend
I am survivor of multiple heart attacks.  I am graced by God to survive for five years.  I am here to testify that there is hope and survival of this killer disease.
I would love to talk with anyone.

by New Member on May. 20, 2008 at 1:46 PM
I just got home from the hospital today after having a heart attack.  This was the first one I knew about but the EKG's showed it wasn't my first one.  I was like so many people and wanted to ignore the symptoms but the pain got  too bad and I couldn't.  I told my husband what was going on and he wanted to call 911 right away but I begged him not to.  After the 3rd nitro under the tongue he won and called them.

I went to our local hospital at first but they soon decided that this was bigger than they could handle and sent me on to a larger hospital(by EMS with lights & sirens going) where they did the heart cath and placed a stent. 

I don't remember too much other than wanting the pain to quit and after it did I was content to just sleep.  By this morning I was feeling so mych better and wanted to come home.  I wanted to take a shower in my bathroom, wear my clothes and sleep in my bed.  I wanted a cup of real coffee!

Now the fun begins with the lifestyle changes.  Luckily my husband will benefit from them too.  Have had to quit smoking-cold turkey-4th day now.  I have noticed that things do not taste the same as they did when I smoked.

I will keep in touch with this group to let you know how I am doing.

by on Aug. 10, 2008 at 2:19 AM

Hi! My name is Carly and I had a heart attack on April 14th, 2008.  I am 34 years old.  I have 4 kids (Tyler 16, Matthew 15, Josh 11, and Myah 9).  I have been married to DH, Bill for almost 17 years.

I was at the library with my kids.  Just a typical day.  I started feeling a funny feeling in my left arm.  Kinda like you had hit your funny bone...tingly.  Then I just started feeling very tired, short of breath and nausious.  I told the kids that I wanted to go home.  Funny thing is they didn't argue.  I said that I would meet them in the van.  By the time I got out to the van I had a heaviness in my chest  working it's way to a pain.  As we started to leave the parking lot I thought that I might pass out... and for some reason told the kids that I was just going to the ER.  I told my kids to pray that I wouldn't pass out.  I drove myself about 11 blocks to the hospital and parked in front of the ER.  I told my 15 yo that I needed him to park the van and to take the kids in. (My 16yo was helping my husband work about 20 miles away).  The ER Dr.s didn't know why I was having chest pain.  And considering that I am only 34 was thinking that it was only anxiety.  Although they did give me all the standard care for chest pains.  I was given a nitro patch and almost imediately went into v-fib.  They laid me back and slapped "shocking pad thingies" on my chest...Talk about scary!!!.  After some meds and a coupld of minutes I came out of it without having to be shocked...Thank God!  The local hospital then sent me to a larger hospital about 30 miles away....lights and sirens.  I then had test done (heart cath, etc) that showed that I had a heart attack and that I had a 99% blockage.  The area that needed to have a stent put in was too small for the smallest medicated stent that they manufacture, so they did not place a stent during my 1st heart cath.  After my Dr. confered with other Dr.s  he then went in to place to stents one medicated and one not.  While in there they only had to place the one medicated stent due to the area being larger than they had thought.  I went home about a week later.  I had some complications with one of the heart cath insertion sites and had to spend another couple of days in the hospital. 
My Dr.s are not sure why I had a heart attack.  No family history, no high BP, no high cholesterol.  THe only factors that I have are stress and over weight.  

"For I know the plans I have for you." declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for  hope and a future."
                                                                                   Jeremiah 29:10
God chooses what we go through; we choose how we go through it.
The next person you meet may need to meet Christ.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)