Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What city do you live in? Where are you orginally from?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:15 PM
  • 97 Replies
  • 1789 Total Views

I live in Dalton, GA, born and raised. I did move off for 3 years while my husband was in the military though.

by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:26 AM
My dad was military but va is my home. Me and my husband moved from ok to alparetta four years ago but we are in cumming ga now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lcmangham
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Born and lived in Macon til I was 11, moves to Gray, lived in Rome for college, lived in Atlanta for a year, now back in Macon :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomOf2CuteBabes
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Douglasville. Born, raised and still living here. My husband is from south, south GA. A town called Hazlehurst. Most people have never heard of it. But, D-ville was a big change for him. Unfortunately, it has grown so much since I was a kid that crime is up now and things are getting worse. My roots are here, and for the most part it is still good but if things get worse, we might look at moving. I doubt it though. My hubby is a cop here and not planning on changing departments ever.

JeremysMom
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Quoting MomOf2CuteBabes:

Douglasville. Born, raised and still living here. My husband is from south, south GA. A town called Hazlehurst. Most people have never heard of it. But, D-ville was a big change for him. Unfortunately, it has grown so much since I was a kid that crime is up now and things are getting worse. My roots are here, and for the most part it is still good but if things get worse, we might look at moving. I doubt it though. My hubby is a cop here and not planning on changing departments ever.

My co-worker is from Douglasville. = ) She went home this weekend. I have never been there but I have always wanted to visit. Sorry to hear about the crime. My city is like that too. We are thinking about moving to a smaller town that is only about 10-15 miles away but it is still in Whitfield County. My husband works for the Sheriff's Office as a booking officer and he eventually wants to get a part time job as a city police officer for the new town we want to move to (but still keep his Sheriff's Office job).

MomOf2CuteBabes
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Oh wow. Wonder if I know her. It used to be so small that you did know everyone, but it really isn't that way anymore at all. :o( I know he wont change departments, and I do not want him to...though at times I wish he was somewhere safer. I think he could stay there and we could just move to the more rural part of Douglas County. That would work. We live in the good part of the city right now. My hubby's PD is looking for a book in officer. Good way to get your foot in the door at a PD that is hard to get on with. :0) IDK how far away you are. I will have to re-read.

Quoting JeremysMom:

Quoting MomOf2CuteBabes:

My co-worker is from Douglasville. = ) She went home this weekend. I have never been there but I have always wanted to visit. Sorry to hear about the crime. My city is like that too. We are thinking about moving to a smaller town that is only about 10-15 miles away but it is still in Whitfield County. My husband works for the Sheriff's Office as a booking officer and he eventually wants to get a part time job as a city police officer for the new town we want to move to (but still keep his Sheriff's Office job).

MommaRoseT
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 6:24 PM
I live in Fairburn but grew up in Decatur. I spent a couple of years in Statesboro when I attended Ga Soutern.
lcmangham
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I've heard of Hazelhurst! :D My mom is from Vienna

Quoting MomOf2CuteBabes:

TashaB82
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I was raised in Manchester, a sucky lil town but live in Lagrange now!

mommacierra
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I moved to Georgia from Arizona 2 years ago. My SO works at the KIA plant. We started out in Palmetto and then to Hogansville and are now in Grantville.

Anna92464
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:21 PM

We lived in Las Vegas while my husband was in the military, but moved here 20 years ago.  We live in Newnan now.  I have a feeling I'm the old lady in this group. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN