Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey GA Moms! Need some opinions/advice on GA!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:25 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 148 Total Views

My husband and I are planning on moving to GA next spring. He is going to try and get a transfer up there. It helps that the GA warehouse makes more money and treats their employees better. Anyways, his job is in College Park, which we know not to move to. But any advice on other areas to move to? We live in Florida and own a townhouse, but plan on renting when we get up there. We would like to be a little closer to the mountains. We have two girls, ages 5 and almost 2. So, schools are important. I also need stores around like a mall, target etc. My husband would be going to work around 4am, and the time he gets out is always different. He is willing to live 30 to 45 miles or so out from his job. We were thinking about Woodstock, Alpharetta, Sandy Springs or maybe even Newnan. Any opinions on these places. Also, we want to rent a house that has at least 3 bedrooms with a fenced in backyard. Thinking no more than $1400 a month or so. Also, how much exactly do they charge for an income tax, state tax, and what is this I hear about registering your car tax? Any other things that I need to know about Georgia? We're hoping to take a trip up there sometime soon, just want to know what areas have nice sized homes, in a safe area, with good schools and shopping nearby. Where would you recommend? Thanks so much!

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mama2LilGirlz
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Also, how are property taxes and insurance up there? And what about the weather? Do you actually have a fall up there?? What about winter?  Any info about Georgia would be greatly appreciated! We are ready for a change and think Georgia would be a great place to raise our girls compared to Florida.

Shaybay218
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Alpharetta is pretty good and for 1400 a month you would find something great..maybe even for 1200...I never paid car taxes by the year once I bought my car and paid it off that was it...you should try googling for homes in that price range I checkin to it and see what I can find and keep you posted...My name is Shayla

Shaybay218
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 1:05 AM

The weather is good and yes we have a fall and a decent winter...

Mama2LilGirlz
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Thanks for your help. So what if you bought your car in a different state and already paid the taxes and move up to Georgia and register your car?  I have been looking up homes on realtor.com to rent, but its hard to get a feel for the area just based on the houses.We live near Bradenton/Sarasota now, but we still have to drive at least 20 miles to get to our nearest Target and I do not want that to happen again! Not to mention, I would like to be in a good school zone. I always hear how great East Cobb is, could you tell me what zip codes make up East Cobb? Thanks so much!

Shaybay218
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Yes...i'll do some research for and and message you directly....

Quoting Mama2LilGirlz:

Thanks for your help. So what if you bought your car in a different state and already paid the taxes and move up to Georgia and register your car?  I have been looking up homes on realtor.com to rent, but its hard to get a feel for the area just based on the houses.We live near Bradenton/Sarasota now, but we still have to drive at least 20 miles to get to our nearest Target and I do not want that to happen again! Not to mention, I would like to be in a good school zone. I always hear how great East Cobb is, could you tell me what zip codes make up East Cobb? Thanks so much!

Shaybay218
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM

30067 and 30068 is the zip code...i'll message you soon

Quoting Shaybay218:

Yes...i'll do some research for and and message you directly....

Quoting Mama2LilGirlz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN