• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Power of your Library Card.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 194 Total Views

Did you know that with your Pines (Georgia Libary) card, you can get free tickets to Georgia places?

Zoo Atlanta- 2 adult tickets and 2 children tickets for free every year. Go to your participating library and check out the Zoo Atlanta dvd. Once you return the dvd, you will receive a receipt that is good for 7 days to visit the Zoo Atlanta for 2 adults and 2 children. You can do this once every year.

Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites- check out a free pass for Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites. The pass is good for parking at any of the state parks and is good for up to 6 people at the historic sites. Pass must be returned with in 7 days of checkout.

Center for Puppetry Arts- Free family pass to view the museum. Shows are extra. 

Go Fish Education Center- free family pass.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mrs.Urquhart
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Group Owner on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Yes...although, we've never done any of it. Mainly because we never know when the library is open due to all the budget cuts. They keep changing their hours and days here. 

A little side note- we took the girls to the Go Fish Ed. Center in Perry last weekend since we go to Warner Robbins to get our taxes done and it is only a few exits past it. It is small, but kinda cool. The kids enjoyed looking at the fish, but the alligators were Karli's fave since she is obsessed with gators for some reason. We did take them to the pond to fish at the center, but it was very very cold and windy so we did not stay out there for long. We did find out that Lilly is a natural when it comes to casting her line. Dh showed her once and she did it perfectly from then on... Karli is only 4, so she didn't get it and I had to cast for her. We can't wait to take them fishing when it warms up! 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

JeremysMom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yes...although, we've never done any of it. Mainly because we never know when the library is open due to all the budget cuts. They keep changing their hours and days here. 

A little side note- we took the girls to the Go Fish Ed. Center in Perry last weekend since we go to Warner Robbins to get our taxes done and it is only a few exits past it. It is small, but kinda cool. The kids enjoyed looking at the fish, but the alligators were Karli's fave since she is obsessed with gators for some reason. We did take them to the pond to fish at the center, but it was very very cold and windy so we did not stay out there for long. We did find out that Lilly is a natural when it comes to casting her line. Dh showed her once and she did it perfectly from then on... Karli is only 4, so she didn't get it and I had to cast for her. We can't wait to take them fishing when it warms up! 

I was thinking about taking Jeremy some time this Spring when it warms up a bit (or at least the weather stays consistent, lol). I am sorry to hear about your library. I think ours will soon be like that as well if they don't make changes. One of my co-worker's has her office at our library and she has tried to give suggestions on getting more people there and they keep turning her down. As a child, I loved going to the library for all of the events and to check out books, now it is just a dull place that is quickly going down hill.

mcginnisc
by Group Owner on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Quoting JeremysMom:

Quoting mcginnisc:

I was thinking about taking Jeremy some time this Spring when it warms up a bit (or at least the weather stays consistent, lol). I am sorry to hear about your library. I think ours will soon be like that as well if they don't make changes. One of my co-worker's has her office at our library and she has tried to give suggestions on getting more people there and they keep turning her down. As a child, I loved going to the library for all of the events and to check out books, now it is just a dull place that is quickly going down hill.

I used to walk to our library when I was a kid and LOVED it!! Now....not so much. You'd think in such a huge county, the fact that there are so many libraries it would be easy to get there, but it's not... Henry county has 5 of them and they all have different days and hours they are open. The bad part is that only 1 of them is close to my home. 

My kids have so many stinkin' books that they don't "need" to check books out. Seriously, between them they have about 200 books in their respective rooms. I have 5 bins of books in the attic and a Nook, and DH has a Nook as well. We have sooooooo many books! Lilly checks one out every week at school and returns it the following week, but it stays in her backpack if she is not reading it so it does not get mixed in with her other books. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)