Today I got my son the Fisher Price Laugh & Learnâ„˘ Learning Homeâ„˘ and wanted to let everyone know how much we LOVE IT!
PROS: This toy is PACKED with activities and so much fun! He is 16 months but I think it could easily be enjoyed from the time your child crawls until they are 2 1/2-3 years old! I didn't find the music and activities annoying like some toys and they are definitely educational! My son played with it for well over an hour and would have continued if it wasn't bed time! I love the handle on the top that allows for easy moving around when it's time to get it out to play. I also LOVED the porch light and radio features, SO ADORABLE! PERFECT FIRST BIRTHDAY OR CHRISTMAS GIFT!
CONS: Price, it is as much as $60-$70 new which is more than I normally spend on toys. My suggestion? Do as I did and find one at a garage sale/flea market/craigslist/consignment sale and order replacement parts super cheap from fisherprice's website! I got mine for FIVE dollars and ordered replacement toys and stickers (even though the ones on mine were okay the new ones were less than $2 so I couldn't resist) for less than $10 (including shipping!!)
Here's some info from fisher price as well:
- Greetings & more!
2 interactive play modes:
1. Itâ€™s learning time!
- Learn the alphabet with the sing-along radio & other activities
- Drop balls in rainspout for counting fun and musical reward!
- Spin house numbers & move dials on clock
- Lots of opposites to learnâ€”like up & down, on & off, open & close, day & night!
- Sort shapes & learn colors
2. Itâ€™s music time!
- Sing along with 21 delightful songs, including:
- Welcome Home song
- Itsy-Bitsy Spider
- Doggy in the Window
- Hickory Dickory Dock
- Plus songs (with lyrics) for counting, colors, opposites & more!
- Drop balls down rainspout for musical reward!
- Enjoy songs & fun phrases on different radio stations
- 25+ fun sounds & encouraging phrases with activities
2 ways to learn:
1. Early Academics
- Promotes understanding of objects, numbers, letters, colors & shapes.
- Helps baby make connections between words & images.
- Expands babyâ€™s vocabulary with new words & greetings.
- Fosters thinking skills & encourages problem-solving with numerous action/reaction activities.
2. Everyday Experiences
- Introduces new topics as they relate to familiar things in babyâ€™s home.
- Reinforces learning concepts through delightful music, sounds, songs & activities.
- Stimulates curiosity & encourages baby to explore.
- Builds self-confidence & a sense of empowerment as baby masters new skills.
Jen, wife to Brian and mama to Will