Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toy Recall - Updated 10/29 (1 new recall)

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 5:47 PM
  • 63 Replies
  • 1489 Total Views

I signed up  for the latest recalls to be emailed to me.  I seem to be getting at least one a week!!  I think that's crazy.  Anyways, I'll start posting the recalls on this post for everyone to see. 

And don't forget.  With the holidays right around the corner, make sure to keep all your receipts/gift receipts in case, God forbid, something you purchase or receive is recalled.  

**UPDATE 11/8**
This is a link to a segment from my local news about the Aqua Dots recall.  This is scary stuff Moms.  I'm sure your local news covered this as well, but in case you missed it, here's my local news. 

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/11131726.html

Here is the link to the Mattel website that has all the recalled toys on it.

http://www.mattel.com/safety/us/

by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jo-Anna
by on Sep. 26, 2007 at 11:59 PM
Just reposting a link from another group that says the Thomas the Tank Engine recall was widened to include more trains. Here's the link. My son has a ton of these Thomas trains...

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07308.html
Jo-Anna
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 4:47 PM
All-Black Cargo Car – Included only in the Brendam Fishing Dock Set. The car is labeled “CARGO CAR” and has either no tracking code or one of the following codes on its undersides: 26833i 28233i 23243i00 24643i00 25343i00 27443i00 32043i00 34743i00 01553i00 04553i00 13353i00 14753i00 15453i00 18353i00 Cargo cars sold in other sets are not included.

Toad vehicle with brake lever – The vehicle is labeled “TOAD” and has the tracking code 16560W000 on its underside.

Olive Green Sodor Cargo Box – The side of the cargo box says “SODOR”, the box was included only in the Deluxe Cranky the Crane Set.

All-Green Maple Tree Top and Green Signal Base Accessories – Included only in Conductor’s Figure 8 Sets.
sandstress77
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2007 at 9:23 PM
I will not be buying any toys made in China this holiday season!  There has been recall after recall dealing with lead-based paint and I worry about anything that is imported from China. 

Here is a great link that will take you to over 75 companies that sell toys MADE IN THE U.S.A.

http://americanmadetoys.googlepages.com/americanmadetoys
Ellaofthecinder
by Group Owner on Nov. 2, 2007 at 11:40 PM

NEWS from CPSC

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission

Office of Information and Public AffairsWashington, DC 20207

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 1, 2007
Release #08-058

Firm’s Recall Hotline: (800) 934-4497
CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

Pearl-like Bead Attachment Sold with Girl’s Gift Sets Recalled Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard; Sold exclusively at Limited Too Stores

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Decorative Packaging Pearl-like Bead Attachments sold with Girl’s Gift Sets

Units: About 4,000

Distributor: Tween Brands Inc., of New Albany, Ohio

Hazard: Surface coating on a plastic bead decorative packaging attachment contains excessive levels of lead, violating the federal lead paint standard.

Incidents/Injuries: None reported.

Description: The recalled item is a pearl-like pink bead attachment on the outside packaging of the gift sets and a zipper pull/wrist band on a cosmetic lip gloss set. The gift sets were sold under the “Sparkle by Too” line, as follows: 3-Pack Lip Gloss Wristlet (Style No. 2014), 4-Pack Body Spray (Style No. 2017), and 3-Piece Bath Set (Style No. 2018).

Sold at: Limited Too retail stores nationwide, catalog and Web site from April 2007 through September 2007 for between $11 and $13.

Manufactured in: China

Remedy: Consumers should immediately remove this recalled decorative pearl-like bead attachment from the gift sets and return it to any Limited Too store for a $5 Limited Too coupon. In addition to the $5 coupon, consumers who choose to return the gift sets along with the packaging attachment will receive a full refund.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, call Tween Brands at (800) 934-4497 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.limitedtoo.com

Picture of Girl’s Gift Set with recalled attachment

---

Send the link for this page to a friend! The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $700 billion annually. The CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard or can injure children. The CPSC's work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals - contributed significantly to the 30 percent decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.

To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury, call CPSC's hotline at (800) 638-2772 or CPSC's teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270, or visit CPSC's web site at www.cpsc.gov/talk.html. To join a CPSC email subscription list, please go to www.cpsc.gov/cpsclist.aspx. Consumers can obtain this release and recall information at CPSC's Web site at www.cpsc.gov.

Check out my jewelry website!!  Swarovski jewelry, Children's jewelry, custom made "Mom" bracelets and much more!

http://skincandy.ecrater.com/

Come check out my groups!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/kidsumerreports 

www.cafemom.com/group/decemberbirthdays

www.cafemom.com/group/januarybirthdays

Ellaofthecinder
by Group Owner on Nov. 2, 2007 at 11:42 PM

NEWS from CPSC

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 31, 2007
Release #08-056

Firm’s Recall Hotline: (877) 557-7767

SimplyFun Recalls Ribbit Board Games Due to Risk of Lead Exposure

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Ribbit Board Games

Units: About 1,500

Importer/Distributor: SimplyFun LLC, of Bellevue, Wash.

Hazard: Surface paint on the five frog-shaped wooden pieces contain excess levels of lead, violating the federal lead paint standard.

Description: This recall involves SimplyFun Ribbit board games. The games are sold with five frog-shaped wooden pieces that act as pawns for movement. The wooden pieces are blue, red, green, yellow and lavender in color.

Sold by: SimplyFun independent consultants nationwide from March 2007 through October 2007 for about $18.

Remedy: Consumers should immediately remove the five frog pieces from the game and discontinue using them. Consumers should contact SimplyFun for a refund or a set of five replacement frogs.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact SimplyFun toll-free at (877) 557-7767 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.simplyfun.com

Picture of Recalled frog-shaped wooden pieces

---

Send the link for this page to a friend! The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $700 billion annually. The CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard or can injure children. The CPSC's work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals - contributed significantly to the 30 percent decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.

To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury, call CPSC's hotline at (800) 638-2772 or CPSC's teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270, or visit CPSC's web site at www.cpsc.gov/talk.html. To join a CPSC email subscription list, please go to www.cpsc.gov/cpsclist.aspx. Consumers can obtain this release and recall information at CPSC's Web site at www.cpsc.gov.

Ellaofthecinder
by Group Owner on Nov. 2, 2007 at 11:43 PM

NEWS from CPSC

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 31, 2007
Release #08-057

Firm’s Recall Hotline: (800) 869-7787

Toys "R" Us Recalls Elite Operations Toys Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard

Name of Product: Elite Operations Toys

Units: About 16,000

Importer/Retailer: Toys “R” Us Inc., of Wayne, N.J.

Manufacturer: Toy World Group Ltd/Chun Tat Toys Factory Limited, of Guangdong, China

Hazard: Surface coatings on the toys contain excessive levels of lead, violating the federal lead paint standard.

Description: The recall involves four military-style Elite Operations toys, including Super Rigs (#1004), Command Patrol Center (#1020), Barracuda Helicopter (#1023), and 3 Pack 8-inch Figures (#1024). The product number is located on the toy’s packaging.

Sold at: Toys “R” Us stores nationwide and toysrus.com from July 2007 through October 2007 for between $10 and $30. No other Elite Operations brand military play sets are included in this recall.

Remedy: Consumers should immediately take the toy away from children, and return them to any Toys “R” Us for a full refund or store credit.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Toys “R” Us at (800) 869-7787 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. ET Monday through Saturday, and between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Sunday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.toysrus.com

Picture of Recalled Command Patrol Center Elite Operations Toy

Picture of Recalled 3 Pack Figures Elite Operations Toy

Picture of Recalled Super Rigs Elite Operations Toy

Picture of Recalled Barracuda Helicopter Elite Operations Toy

---

Ellaofthecinder
by Group Owner on Nov. 2, 2007 at 11:45 PM

NEWS from CPSC

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 31, 2007
Release #08-059

Firm’s Recall Hotline: (800) 335-7585

Halloween "Ugly Teeth" Recalled By Amscan Inc. Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard

Name of Product: “Ugly Teeth” Party Favors

Units: About 43,000

Importer: Amscan Inc., of Elmsford, N.Y.

Hazard: The surface paint on the teeth contains excessive levels of lead, violating the federal lead paint standard.

Description: The fake Halloween teeth are painted white, black and orange with brown gums. They were sold as party favors in packages of eight. “Ugly Teeth,” “Amscan,” “Party Favors,” “Value Pack Party Favors,” UPC 0-48419-65002-7 and UPC 0-48419-61663-4 are printed on the packaging.

Sold at: Various retailers nationwide from January 2006 through October 2007 for about $2.

Remedy: Consumers should immediately take the recalled Halloween teeth away from children and return them to the place where purchased for a full refund.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Amscan Inc. at (800) 335-7585 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.amscan.com

Picture of Recalled Halloween Ugly Teeth

---

Ellaofthecinder
by Group Owner on Nov. 2, 2007 at 11:46 PM

NEWS from CPSC

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 31, 2007
Release #08-060

Firm’s Recall Hotline: (888) 790-2700

Toy Figures Recalled by Henry Gordy International Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard

Name of Product: “Galaxy Warriors” Toy Figures

Units: About 380,000

Distributor: Henry Gordy International Inc., of Plainfield, N.J.

Hazard: Surface paints on the recalled toys contain excessive levels of lead, violating the federal lead paint standard.

Description: The posable spaceman figures are about 4½-inches tall and come with two accessories. They were sold in various colors including yellow, grey, silver, blue, green, gold, black, and red.

Sold at: Family Dollar Stores nationwide from January 2006 through October 2007 for about $1.

Remedy: Consumers should take the recalled toys away from children immediately and return the toy to the firm for a full refund plus postage.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Henry Gordy International toll-free at (888) 790-2700 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. CT Monday through Friday.

Picture of Recalled Galaxy Warrior Toy

Picture of Recalled Galaxy Warrior Toy Packaging

---

Ellaofthecinder
by Group Owner on Nov. 6, 2007 at 3:59 PM

News from CPSC

Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, D.C. 20207

For Immediate Release Firm’s Recall Hotline:(888) 299-0579

October 25, 2007 CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772

Fisher Price Recalls Go Diego Go!TM Boat Toys Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. (To access color photos of the following recalled products, see CPSC’s Web site at www.cpsc.gov.)

Name of Product: Go Diego Go!TM Animal Rescue Boat

Units: About 38,000 in the U.S.

Importer: Fisher-Price Inc., of East Aurora, N.Y. Hazard: Surface paints on the toys contain excessive levels of lead, which violates the federal standard prohibiting lead paint on children’s toys.

Description: The toy is an orange and yellow boat that squirts water. Cartoon character Diego is in the driver’s seat. "Fisher Price," product number K3413, and a date codes between 137-7HF and 223-7HF are marked on the toys.

Sold at: Retail stores nationwide from June 2007 through October 2007 for about $15.

Remedy: Consumers should immediately take the recalled toys away from children and contact Fisher-Price in order to receive a free replacement toy. Consumers need to return the recalled toy to Fisher-Price.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Fisher-Price at (888) 299-0579 anytime, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.service.mattel.com.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency’s jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $700 billion annually. The CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard. The CPSC’s work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals – contributed significantly to the 30 percent decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.

To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury, call CPSC’s hotline at (800) 638-2772 or CPSC’s teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270 or visit CPSC’s Web site at www.cpsc.gov/talk.html. Consumers can obtain this release and recall information at CPSC’s Web site at www.cpsc.gov.

####

Ellaofthecinder
by Group Owner on Nov. 6, 2007 at 5:22 PM

NEWS from CPSC

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 6, 2007
Release #08-065

Firm’s Recall Hotline: (888) 559-4653

Swimways Corp. Recalls "Skippy" Pool Toys Due to Laceration Hazard

Name of Product: “Skippy” Pool Toys

Units: About 31,000

Manufacturer: Swimways Corp., of Virginia Beach, Va.

Hazard: The elastic tongue of the fish can break and forcefully come out and cut the users’ hands during launching of the toy.

Incidents/Injuries: Swimways has received 24 reports of the pool toy breaking during use. There were five reports of injuries to children including one requiring stitches to a child’s hand. Another child’s thumb nail was ripped back from the nail bed.

Description: This recall involves a rubber pool toy shaped like a fish. The fish are blue, purple or green colored and measure 8 ½ inches long by 5 inches wide. A loop of elastic tubing shaped like a tongue comes out of the mouth of the fish and is used for launching the fish across the water like a slingshot. “WARNING. Do not aim at another person. Made in China” is printed on the bottom of the fish.

Sold at: Mass merchandisers and independent pool supply stores nationwide from February 2007 through September 2007 for about $10.

Remedy: Consumers should take the toy away from children immediately and contact Swimways for a free replacement toy.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Swimways toll-free at (888) 559-4653 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.swimways.com

Picture of Recalled Pool Toys

Picture of Recalled Pool Toys

---

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)