Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't lose him recently, but it still feels that way

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:27 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 424 Total Views
Hi, I'm Jennifer.  I will be 34 tomorrow and wish my dad could be here to watch me blow out my candles.
In October it will have been 10 years since my dad died. And even as I type this, my eye's are welling up with tears.  Yes, I was and always will be a daddy's girl.
 He was my everything. He got sick and died so fast that I will always feel it was not fair. I miss him every day. I was only 24 when he died so to me, I was robbed of the man that I looked up to. The man I went to just to cry when I felt I needed to. The man who took me to see silly movies even when I felt I was too old to go see them. The man who believed I should follow my heart and become a clothing designer while everyone else thought it was dumb and a waste of time and money.
The man who volunteered to be a referee for my basketball games and had to kneel on the floor to throw the ball up for us.
It's been 10 years and I still feel like my heart is being torn from my chest every day. 10 years and it still feels like it will never get any easier.

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SEXYMOMMA62
by Group Owner on Jul. 15, 2007 at 4:43 PM
i feel my died to soon too. i feel like a part of my life is missing.
MeMe76
by on Mar. 21, 2008 at 11:24 PM
Hi Jennifer, as i read ur post, i cried, reminded me so much of myself, my dad died when i was 25, he was only 49, it was sudden and unexpected, he has been gone 6 years now, and like u, feels like yesterday, i cry every single day, and get tired of ppl telling me to get on with my life, its been too long, well not in my heart or soul, i want him back, i want everything back the way they were, he didnt get to walk me down the aisle, he never meant 1 of his grandchildren, he didnt get a chance to see me become the woman he always knew i could be, i wasnt the best daughter, but he saw something in me no one else did, and i didnt get to that point till after he was gone, God, I hate myself sometimes for that....I miss him sooooo much and my pain is real, like yours is also, Im so sorry u r going threw it, if u ever wanna chat or vent, im here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)