Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome girls

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:44 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 312 Total Views
Welcome girls to the Bradley Method Mamas Group,
Modern medicine has certainly taken over the obstetric circle, and many of us have forgotten how to have a baby without the use intervention. My view is simply that interventions are a great thing. Technology has the power to save lives of mother and baby and quick. But, we use it so much now that it is simply working against us. The point of the Bradley Method is to trust that mother nature will do her job and to learn to listen to our bodies. And, we can never do it without the love and support of the husband. He is the number one asset in this pregnancy that has the power to get you through. Ask any questions, share any experiences, and comments. We're going to have so much fun. 

Here are some fun facts to get us started:

The average length of gestation in weeks is 41 & 1/7 weeks.
Only 4% of babies will stay breech through a full term period.
Water accounts for 75% of your baby's birth weight, so drink up!!
The baby's brain cells are growing and developing at their most rapid rate during month 8.
The number one cause for premature babies in our country is taking them too early through scheduled c-section, premature rupture of the membranes due to vaginal exams, and induced labors (pitocin, rupture of the membranes, breaking the water.)

Bradley Instructor for the American Academy of Husband Coached Childbirth
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jhpjsmom
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:07 PM
Hold on while I grab a drink of water!!! LOL

Okay, so the Bradley Method of natural childbirth depends on the husband's support through labor.  Now, I will say my husband is great during labor, but it really upsets him when I'm in a lot of pain.  He's not very excited about trying a natural childbirth.  How can I help convince him that he can do the job?  He's worried that he won't be able to support me enough and help me enough.
marthamendez813
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2007 at 2:35 PM
my husband felt the same way and he is also really sqemish and can't stand the sight or smell of blood. but it really help when we got the books. ( husband coached childbirth, and childbirth the bradley way) my dad was also a really big help because he had already coached two women through 5 natural births. but i found it very... calming or maybe the word is comforting to know that he was just as nervous and scared as i was when we actually were doing it for real.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)