Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi, I will introduce myself

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2007 at 12:16 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 272 Total Views
I have 4 children soon to be 5
A ten year old with Cerebral Palsy
Twin 6 year old boys one with austism and one without
and 3 year old daughter.

My twins get along most of the time but Matthew(the one with austism) is starting to get rough with his twin, Andrew and his little sister. He will sit on them until they cry( almost not aware that he is hurting them. Emily is almost to little to fight him since there is 15 to 20 pounds between them. Andrew understand there is something different about his brother but he does not understand what.  Matthew is also started to bite again which was what he did between 2 and 4 before his language took off. But he has regress. We have gotten Andrew involved in hockey and anything else we can think of because. He is in a tough spot since Lexi(the ten year old) is a GIRL and Emily is a baby and Matthew is a space alien according to Andrew.  But the hardest is when people tell or suggest to him that he should help his sibling or me. He is great about helping Lexi get things or open doors. Emily and him have the normal sibling relationship. It is with Matthew and Andrew that the problems start because they are the same age and I refuse to make him Matthew caretaker.
by on Dec. 13, 2007 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)