Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2008 at 7:57 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 313 Total Views
Hi. My name is Tonya and I have 3 1/2 yr old twins, one has Down's Syndrome. I've never actually talked to someone in the same situation and i totally understand what your saying because it is way different than just having twins. I wouldn't change my baby for the world either, he is the sweetest thing He ever made;) But it would be really great to talk to someone else who has went thru some of the same things as me. It's a little different because while you are celebrating all of your sons' triumphs, you are always made keenly aware of just how far behind he really is, you have an example of exactly where he would be had he not had Down's. Emotionally I think it makes it just a little bit harder to come to terms with it. Well, I could go on forever and this is really just my introduction, but i hope to talk to everyone and maybe I can help a couple people out with my experiences as well.
by on Apr. 21, 2008 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TwinDeb
by Group Owner on Apr. 23, 2008 at 10:13 PM
Hi Tonya, My name is Debbie. I am glad you replied to this post. I had actually started it a long time ago, and now finally getting some replies. I is really nice hearing from other Mothers going through the same thing.  The women with the twins clubs are great, but they just do not understand.
I know just what you mean by celebrating their accomplishments, but also realizing just how far behind they are compared to a typical child. Sometimes I still wonder what things would be like had they both been typical. I love Nathan to death for the person he is, but if I could change him to be typical, I think I would just simply so his life might be a little better and easier. But I am just going to do my best to teach him that he can do just about anything he wants as long as he tries. The hardest thing is when he watches Nicholas do things and you can just see by the look in his face taht he wants to do it too, but just can't. When do your two turn 4? Mine turn 4 August 4th. Nathan is still not walking, but he is very close. He is not talking at all either, but is finally starting to understand and using signs. How is you little boy? doing? Mine will start preschool this fall, that should be fun. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Debbie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)