Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HI

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2008 at 9:36 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 348 Total Views
Hi everyone, my name is Connie Whigham. I have 5 almost 6 year old twins. A boy (Jonathan) and a girl ( Jasmin). Jonathan has cerebral palsey.It seems as if he is only physically impared, he cannot walk, but is in physiacl therapy every week. He also has occupational therapy weekly but is improving his fine motor skills everyday. He graduated speech about 2 years ago, and speaks very well. he is very energetic and outgoing and just wants to be like evryone else and do what they do. His sister is also energetic and outgoing and loves to be the center of attention. I am glad to have found and joined a group with other moms with twins and disabilities.
cawhigham
by on Apr. 22, 2008 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TwinDeb
by Group Owner on Apr. 23, 2008 at 11:03 PM
Hello Connie!!

Welcome to the group!! From your picture, looks like your kids love each other very much. I am glad Jonathan is doing so well. I do not know much about cerebral palsy. Will he be able to walk eventually?? Sounds like he is doing great in all other areas. My Nathan is almost 4 and still not walking. He is close, but it is very challenging. I know what you mean about the fine motor skills. I realize every day how much we take for granted, when it seems like something should be so easy, but Nathan has problems cause he still needs to fine tune his fine motor skills. It is amazing how much you learn yourself about how kids grow and learn by raising a child with a disability. How is Jasmin doing? Is she old enough yet to understand why her brother cannot do some things?? I am really not sure yet how I am going to explain to Nicholas when he starts asking questions about Nathan. I am sure it is still a ways off, but just one more thing to worry about for the future. Right now I am just happy to see them play together and Nicholas is sometimes a little protective Hope he stays that way.
Well, gonna go or now. Keep in touch!
Debbie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN