• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 dx boy

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:09 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 323 Total Views
My son has 3 diagnosis:  DWM (Dandy-Walker Malformation), ACC (Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum), and ASD.  Although the Autism was diagnosed by a professional - a real live doctor with the credentials to back up her diagnosis, two separate school districts refuse to acknowledge the Autism.

It's very frustrating.  He is 6 and I have been home with him the past week because for the second time in a month he is using a new stem - scraping his tongue on his bottom teeth causing the tongue to bleed.  Instead of addressing the stemming issue at school, he is a bio hazard because of the blood so I have dealt with stopping the stemming this week.  I think they just don't know what to do with auts.
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Autie_Mom
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:17 AM
WOW, I am sorry to hear it. There is something that they gave my son for a similar stem, its a rubber tube that he could chew and it kept him oppupied as to not cause harm to himself. You may also consider a pacifer, I know he's 6 but I am sure that at this point whatever works is better.
Another note...Have you considered homeschooling him? I am starting homeschooling mine this week, for much of the same reason, the school is "done" with him and are not sure what to do with him. He has regressed instead of progress and not learned one thing this year, which is not acceptable for me. My son is of average intellegence which means he is cabale of learning, but it is more difficult for him to do so due to the severe learning disabilty.
Just some ideas for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)