Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELVES

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 11:50 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 489 Total Views
 HELLO EVERYONE, MY NAME IS ELAINA, AN I AM A 42 YEAR OLD MOTHER TO JUSTIN-19, JAMES-17, AUSTIN-11 AN STEP-SON DEVIN-15 AND 2 BOYS THAT ARE RESTING IN GODS LOVING HANDS, I HAVE BEEN MARRIED TO MY CURRENT HUBBY JON FOR 12 YEARS NOW, I LOVE CAMPING, CANOEING, KAYAKING AN RIDING HORSES AMONG OTHER THINGS, AND MY HUBBY AN I ARE BOTH FIREFIGHTERS FOR OUR SMALL RURAL COMMUNITY.
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LadyDriller1
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 10:19 AM
Hi, My name is Jackie and I live in a small town just south of St. Louis...Imperial.  I am the step- mother to 1 girl (now 35) Jennifer , that I raised from the age of 13.  Then I have a 19 yr old daughter, Jessica and a 16 yr. old son Jacob.  Around my home the kids grow up... but never actually move away.  To me that's a blessing, cause we own over 10 acres with 2 homes on it & 2 mobile homes.  Jennifer lives in the other house, and Jessica lives in one to the mobile home.  Jacob still has 3 yrs of high school left...so he won't be moving out anytime soon. Thank goodness.  Jennifer has given me 2 beautiful grandkids.  The first is Terry, he's 12 & then there is my little princess, Bailey, she's 2.  We joke that we live in a "compound", but I am so thankful to have them all still right here with me. 

I own my own business since 1994.  We are a drilling contractor, mostly water wells for residential use.  but if it requires a hole... we can do it!  lol

I'm not the typical "June Cleaver" type gal.  I enjoy Big trucks, fast cars, 4-wheeling, I work out a t a gym 4 days a week, going to shot-gun shooting matches, I'm licensed to carry a concealed firearm (which I do at all times), I like to hunt deer & turkey.  But I also enjoy cooking, sewing and most of the "girly" stuff too.  My hubby said It's like having his best buddy with having the benefits of a wife.  lol

And I am also active in AA.  I do not drink, or do drugs, and right now I'm trying to quit smoking. I have to stop smoking because I'm having neck surgery & Dr. said he will not do the surgery if I still smoke 'cause it wont heal properly.

So... now you know me.... what do you enjoy????    Jackie
Darlou
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2007 at 5:47 PM

Hello fellow group members.  I have just joined this group and am excited to actually share stories with women more my age.  My name is Daryla and I soon will be 45. I have one grown son who is 23, a step-son 20, step-daughters who are 17 and 15.  Included in our family are 3 grandsons and a grandaughter on the way.  I am on my second marriage (where all the extra kids came from, ha) and live in northeast missouri.  I enjoy many things although it seems work keeps be the busiest.   Again, I will be looking forward in talking with all of you.

kntrymama
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 1:36 PM
Hello
My name is Leanne, Im 41 with 3 great kids and I live in southeast Missouri. I moved here 9 months ago from the west coast.
I just joined this group today. Hopefully I will find some friends here from the same state. Missouri is quite the culture shock from Oregon...lol..so much to learn
Have a great day to ya!

Leanne
island_barb-200
by on Apr. 8, 2008 at 5:59 PM
Hello ladies i am Barb 45  live in central Missouri , I have one son Devin who just turned 14 been married to my husband Terry for 8 years we run 2 business together, and he is also a Maintaince supervisor, We love to travel , entertain at our pool take out the pontoon and jetskis to Mark Twain Lake and spend a day or 2 , Taking out on a float trip , anything outside we love
Hope to make some great friends here
Tammy868893
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2008 at 3:28 PM
Hi, I'm Tammy. I have 3 kids - David 22, Amy 19 & Kate 15. I've been married for 24 years soon. Life in O'Fallon is pleasantly non-exciting. I have an in home day care and my hubby is a carpenter. I grew up around here and wouldn't live anywhere else.
allstrstout
by on Jul. 24, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Hello, my name is Lisa and I live in Central Missouri.  I will soon be 45 and am not looking forward to it at all.  I have 4 children.  Andrew is 25, Adam is 23, Amanda is 21 and Ashley is 18.  I also have 3 grandbabies all under the age of 2.  My boys now live out of state, but my 2 girls still live in the same city as I do with the grandbabies.  I have been separated for a very LONG time and he won't give me a divorce, but I have gotten on with my life anyway as a divorced woman.  I have been with my current boyfriend for 3 years now and couldn't be happier.  I often wander what took me so long to find him.  I don't work as I am on disability.  I enjoy camping, swimming, cooking, nascar, dirt track racing, playing on the computer when I have time, and spending time with family and friends.  I'm an open and honest person, so if you have any questions or just want to chat, ask and look me up.  I look forward to chatting with all of you in the near future.

Lisa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)