Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you send clothes for weekends?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2008 at 7:48 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 492 Total Views
Here's why I ask.  My BD and I were never together from the time she was born.  When she was a baby/toddler I sent everything she would need while she visited dad (kind of like you would do for someone who was babysitting.)  She is now five.  BD is married(they are both lawyers) and Elena has a room of her own.  I am tired of sending clothes and not having them return, or else having her bag return untouched.  Do you send clothes, etc when your child goes visiting? 
by on Jul. 8, 2008 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tippie
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM
hell no!!!!!! i send them in old clothes just for that day
ariannasmama807
by on Jul. 9, 2008 at 6:24 PM
i do sometimes but my friend dont give her bd nothing but an empty diaper bag & the carseat lol. which i think thats how it should be, they need to pay for stuff too.
NAKHI2798
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2008 at 12:41 PM
I send my son with everything down to a wash cloth and towel.. and a traveling bag with hygeine products.. I don't play around with that, I know how people talk and they will never say she just dropped him off with nothing.. That is just showing him that with or without you I got this..
Amber-Leigh
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:27 AM

If theres clothes there that you've sent with her before expecting them back then don't send anymore because eventually you'll run out of clothes and heck,clothes for kids arn't cheap

luvmykairi
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2009 at 1:20 PM

i wouldnt i would make him buy her clothes for there especially if he is not returning them

Perrilicious
by Member on Mar. 29, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I would at first but after a while my child should have there own clothes at the other house and if not he needs to go and buy some.

Join Me @ Speakin Yo MInd Group!

luvbeinamom5
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Quoting NAKHI2798:

I send my son with everything down to a wash cloth and towel.. and a traveling bag with hygeine products.. I don't play around with that, I know how people talk and they will never say she just dropped him off with nothing.. That is just showing him that with or without you I got this..

clappinggreat response!!! i agree :)

buckle126
by New Member on May. 27, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Asking him if he needs clothes for her, would be civil. If he's a lawyer, he'd probably try to say you aren't or can't take care of her or provide for her. That's how some people just operate. It sucks, but that's how they are. If he says no, have him or you can draw up a agreement so it's on paper. If he says he needs clothes for her, write down a list of what you sent & have him sign it or something. Put a special tag or initial the tags in her clothes. You can have that written in a agreement also, that she is to be sent back to you with EVERYTHING you sent her with. This way, if he doesn't comply, it would be considered Contempt of court. My ex & I been there done that. I finally had it written up because he tried to use that against me in court.

girl giving flowerSunny's Proud Mommy

chynna26
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2010 at 5:19 PM
I use to even send my kids with food to my surprise when my BD took me to court for visitation he told the judge I send them dirty and so on lucky for me I had letters from the school , friends , nieghbors , baby sitters and their pedi. The juge looked at me and said miss your to send NOTHING makes sure the kids have on coats if its cold and are dresses cool if its hot. Take the boys downstairs when he arrives watch them walk down the stairs do not let him in your house past the initial entry way send NOTHING. And that's what I do I don't send a pull up a wipe NOTHING and when he asks I gently remind him "the judge said send NOTHING its in the court order and on transcript you did this to yourself GOOD BYE kindly leave my property SUCKER!!!!
sassy43082
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I dont send anything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN