Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father's rights questions!

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 5:23 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 427 Total Views

Hello there cafemom world...

Well heres the story.  My son's father is still married to his ex but they have had no contact what so ever in 8 years. Well now me and my son's father are no longer together and i have another man in my life. Well trying to keep it short. My son's father has started to act like my son doesnt exsist. So i am wondering would anyone know if my sons father has any rights to him... even though he is still married to another woman...  and if he does still have rights how do i go about getting them terminated... I live in minnesota

sorry if its confusing. Thanks for the help... Kimfrustrated

by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Perrilicious
by Member on Mar. 29, 2009 at 11:37 AM

unfortantely he has all the rights that you have to your son unless you file a civil suit to for child abandonment to get full custody of your son, he will still have some rights but you will be in control, to terminate his rights, you would have to find him unfit in a court room first and even then it would have to be something real serious.

Join Me @ Speakin Yo MInd Group!

Karels3129
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:07 PM

It's true!! I should know!!

Quoting Perrilicious:

unfortantely he has all the rights that you have to your son unless you file a civil suit to for child abandonment to get full custody of your son, he will still have some rights but you will be in control, to terminate his rights, you would have to find him unfit in a court room first and even then it would have to be something real serious.

SarahS8674
by New Member on Dec. 4, 2010 at 9:33 AM

i know here in indiana if he signed the birth certificate or if paternity has been established he does but until either one of those im almost positive he has no rights but idk about your state... sorry i couldnt be more help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)