Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support ?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 2:15 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 383 Total Views
So i'm kind of stuck in the middle of this situation, about Child Support.

So my mom thinks that i should get Child Support from my boyfriend, yes we are still together and obviously he pays for everything. But i don't think that i need it ? He really does pay for everything i don't even pay for a thing. And once i told my boyfriend about it, he flipped out because he just doesn't understand why i need child support ? Plus i was told that we would have to go to court and i don't even want to go through all of that, i think that's what will make him want to leave. I mean honestly i don't need it but my mom wants me to get it because she thinks that we are going to break up and then he could just run off and leave us with nothing, i understand she's trying to look out for me but we've been together for 3 years i don't think he'll just run off. Plus i think that my boyfriends parents will think i'm some kind of gold digger trying to take his money, when my family is not really in a economy crisis. And just think that i'm in it for the money, which is totally not true !

I just wanted to get your thoughts on this ? Please let me know Thanks.

P.S. i'm finally back on Cafemom, its been so long since ive been on here.
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamaof3at23
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Well I was living with my b/f at the time i had my frist and i told them i dont need it cause we live togher. When he lefted me it took me 6 months to get child support and he didn't have to pay any back pay!! I was upset cause i was working my butt off tring to buy all the things she needs and pay daycare. It was really hard! I wished i would have told them yes even though i was with him.

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 2:30 AM

If you're with him, you don't need it. If you break up, and he's not helping you, then YES. Get it. Until then, ignore your mom. That's just retarded. So you're gonna get child support so that they take it out of his check, and then you have to WAIT for your own money...? Hell Naw...

Princess_Sarah7
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 2:31 AM

I know your mom is trying to look out for you, but I think you are right on this one. I don't think a judge will give you cs when you are both still together. CS is usually for people who are not together, since you are not raising the child together anymore. If he is paying for everything then why do you need it? Also no offense but you can't blame him if he wants to leave you if you go for cs while you are still together, and he pays for everything. If he does leave then you have a right to try to get cs, but as long as you are together please don't do it.

babiieechulaox
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I was in the same position you were in .. except me and my baby daddy werent together .. my mom kept on insisting that i enforce child support but me and my baby daddy were fine, we had a plan worked out and we knew what we were guna do .. at the end of the day its your decision .. i didnt do it, and nothing bad happened .. i think your better off not enforcing it because you guys are together and you have been together for a while i mean if you break up then yeah

dbush0584
by New Member on Sep. 9, 2011 at 12:51 AM
It's a good thing for both of you. The money is still cominginto the house but if yall do split...he won't have to pay back child support
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)