Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help....More Kids??????

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:09 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 245 Total Views

Okay, so ladies, I am literally freaking out because I just found out I am expecting child number five.  Five kids at 28???? Oh my goodness.  So all of my relatives are five hundred miles away and think I'm insane.  My husband's family is here in Tennessee and are passionate about big families.  All I can think is "five kids at 28!"  So I found this group and was super excited because I had no idea that there were so many other young moms.  Life is hectic enough for me with four.  I work full time, my husband works full time, three of our children are in school, one in daycare not yet potty trained.  I love my children so much, but I'm afraid that this new child will put a strain on what we are able to do as a family, going out, stress, housekeeping.  I don't want to go insane before the baby gets here.  But the costs of raising four children has been tough.  There is not enough coupon clipping, internet specials, discount days in the world to help me prepare for what I'm about to get into.  I honestly feel like a loner trying to manage these things.  My husband's family is old school, and even though he hasn't said it yet, I know he'll want me to stop working once this baby arrives in April.  That's what his mom did, but his dad was a doctor!!!!!!!  We're just an average lower middle class family trying to fulfill our dreams.  I'm not trying to get discouraged on attaining a better life for ourselves and our children, but how in the world do some of you manage with five kids and more??????

family in the vanKPick01

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mlg87ok
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I can't really give you much support or advice right now, we only have 2 and another one on the way but plan on having 5 possible 6. I am 22 and will have 3 kids 2 and under by Thanksgiving. I have a lot of people who think I am crazy and will make comments about how many kids we want. We just ignore them. But I will probably have 5 kids by the time I am 24 lol.

momof4qtz
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Hi!  I was in the same boat as you!  I found out that I was having #5 when I was 28!  So now I'm 29 and have a 11y/o, 9 y/o, 5 y/o, 2 1/2 y/o & a 3 month old!  I'm also far away from my family, his too..... we just moved from NY to FL a couple of months ago, oh & let me mention that he is still in NY working, but just got a job here, so he'll be down soon, THANK GOD, lol!!  I've been doing it on my own for a couple of months! 

I don't work, so we are a one income family, it is possible.... don't get discouraged!  I was really unsure of how I felt about having another one also, I think it's normal, lol!  I'm not gonna say it's easy, but you'll get through it.  If you wanna talk shoot me a message!

wdebster
by on Oct. 15, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Ya know, I think it's one of those things that if you sit and try to figure out all the logistics in your head, it will consume you. As moms, we just find a way to manage. We just do. And you will too. I remember crying to my dad when I was pregnant with my first saying that I couldn't even take care of a dog, how was I going to take care of a baby. That baby is now 14 and we are expecting baby #4. You just somehow find a way to make things work when you are right there, in the moment. Don't stress. Sit back and enjoy the ride.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)