Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WILL YOU OR HAVE YOU GOTTEN ALL YOUR KIDDOS THE SWINE FLU SHOT?!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 436 Total Views

DEcisions decisions.  I have a newborn she was born 10/3/09 and i am as freaked out as anything over my school agers bringing anything home with them.  I am in constant prayer and i have made the decision to go ahead and get all of us the H1N1 shot or mist or what have you as soon as it's available to us here!  How about you ladies?  Anyone else grappling with the decision and have a new born to think about?  What have you all decided to do, if you don't mind me asking....

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinkerbell76
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:55 PM

The decision was a very tough one for our family as our littlest one (16 weeks old) is very vunerable to sickness. She has congenital heart defects and we have to be very careful about exposing her to germs. After much prayer, thought and advice from medical professionals we have decided to opt out of getting the H1N1 vaccine.  In our opinion the vaccine is too new and not enough research has been done on it. We do not want to have any further risks to our little one. We practice germ control through lots of handwashing, covering coughs and sneezes, and sanitizing our house daily.

~Tina

lilmomma20
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:58 PM

no way

martinmommy26
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Yes my whole family will be getting the shot for both the flu and H1N1. I strongly believe the the medical community and the integrity of the shots. I trust the research and am confident in it. JMO Cristi

Cristi Mommy TO 8 Kids

czshcecnc
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Quoting martinmommy26:

Yes my whole family will be getting the shot for both the flu and H1N1. I strongly believe the the medical community and the integrity of the shots. I trust the research and am confident in it. JMO Cristi

Me too.

Denise

wdebster
by on Oct. 15, 2009 at 12:17 AM

The H1N1 is not available in our area yet. I'm worried my kids are going to get it at school before we even have the opportunity to get the vax. We did all get the regular flu vax this year and will get the H1N1 as well. I selectivly vax and have done allot of research on the h1N1 vax and I am confident that it is safe. It is made the same exact way as the regular flu vax and as long as you get a single dose syringe, or the mist, there is no mercury. But right now I can count on hands and feet all the kids in our neighborhood that currently have H1N1. We limit exposure by not taking the kids to the grocery store, using lots of hand sanitizer, and lysoling everything we frequently touch in the house once a day. It's all I can do and what ever happends, happends.  

abby91880
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 12:08 AM

We just went through the h1n1 virus and it was horrific. My husband is over seas and my friends really can't help because they don't want their families exposed. My immediate family is in Hawaii for a wedding so I had to take care of three kids and myself with it. It was horrible. This is day four and we are still in war. Come Monday, if the health dept. has it, they will be getting the shot because even though we think it's swine you can't know for sure unless you do a blood test. I , thank god, was vaccinated five days before we got it and even though it takes two weeks to kick in, it saved me and my unborn child from the high fevers. It was the only symptom I didn't get.

4puddintaters
by on Oct. 25, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Quoting abby91880:

We just went through the h1n1 virus and it was horrific. My husband is over seas and my friends really can't help because they don't want their families exposed. My immediate family is in Hawaii for a wedding so I had to take care of three kids and myself with it. It was horrible. This is day four and we are still in war. Come Monday, if the health dept. has it, they will be getting the shot because even though we think it's swine you can't know for sure unless you do a blood test. I , thank god, was vaccinated five days before we got it and even though it takes two weeks to kick in, it saved me and my unborn child from the high fevers. It was the only symptom I didn't get.

How old are all your kiddos?  did they all have the vaccine too?  Actually they could swab your noses and send it off and you can tell if  you have the virus that way.  I'm taking my kids as soon as i can to get their vaccines for it.  I have a newborn baby and i am pretty much freaked out.

Sonkissedpeach
by on Oct. 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM

No, we are not getting the H1N1 shots. My oldest daughter got the regular flu shot and it made her hurt very bad and very fatigued.

HomeSchooling By Heart
adamsmom05
by on Oct. 25, 2009 at 2:25 PM

We have decided not to get it for our boys or us. But my DH got the seasonal flu shot only.

photomomma5
by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Yes- we vaccinated all 5 of our children and ourselves. I hope we got it in time! I'm a nurse and have personally seen how sick this virus has made my patients and since my children were all childhood asthmatics i took them to get it as soon as i could! I hope everyone gets protected!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)