Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laundry !!!!

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:53 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 519 Total Views
How much laundry do you have to do each week ?,For us i would say at least 10 loads a week and it never seems to end .
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soon2bemommyof4
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:57 AM
There is a specified load amount???? There is an end to the pile of laundry? Wow, tell me your secret...we do about 10 loads a DAY! ontop of our family of 6 we also live with my sis in law who is a family of 5....Laundry is horrible.

Momoly5
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 1:10 AM
My washer and dryer never stop.
LuvMy5C
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 11:35 AM
Mine never ends. Every time I think there's a light at the end of the tunnel another pile quickly puts it out.
luluslifeisgrt
by on Jul. 21, 2007 at 3:35 AM
I try to do at least two loads a day. And if i'm in my cleaning dervish mode i'll do at least 4 (which is what i need to do at a minimum to keep up) I think the motor is going out in my dryer
mommyroof
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 11:01 PM
I do at least 2 loads a day!
COCOAMOMMA
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:56 PM

THREE LOADS A DAY FOR ME! IT SHOULD BE FIVE, BUT MY DRYER CAUGHT ON FIRE. SO I HAVE TO DRY AT THE LAUNDRY CENTER.

toomanytocount
by on Aug. 13, 2007 at 10:07 PM
I don't know, I have never done enough to get it all done, it has been an endless job, I call laundry my arch rival. I hate laundry!
momof2many7
by on Aug. 14, 2007 at 12:07 PM
i've never counted the loads.....i have a really neat sorter thing on wheels in my laundry room, when it's full i through in a load of whatever bag is full....all 3 bags get full probably every other day (except when i make the kids REALLY clean their room and they dig out all the dirty clothes they have stashed in their room, then it's overflowing real quick....plus we have the basket for whites and towels...and i HATE washing bedding! i can fit alot of stuff in my washer (at least 2 twin comforters) but laundry is never ending, i will put in the "last load" and i am ALWAYS finding socks here and there, or an overnight bag the kids forgot to sort, or what not.
Cara5
by on Aug. 15, 2007 at 3:10 PM

I Swore i would not let laundry take over my life...and being that we live in a VERY small apartment with no laundry room...just a closet big enough for the washer and dryer and nothing else there is no room for big piles of laundry anywhere...we have gotten on a pretty good scheduel with laundry if we stick to it just like this then i can stay on top of it.

-first thing in the morning i put in last yesterdays bath towels, kitchen rags, napkins etc.., and my sheets (about 2xs a week).  and move my clothes into the dryer  if i went to bed before the finished washing.  

-After school the kids take off their uniforms, the shirts go in the wash, skirts, pants and vests hang up for another wear or two if they arnt to bad

-when the weather is warmer usually all the play clothes need to be washed, in the cooler months sometimes play clothes can go a day or two extra....  the little kids get a bath before dinner when they are really gross, their clothes go into the laundry with the school shirts right away.. once that load is finished the older kids can do their wash, or they can wait and let it pile up and have nothing clean...not my problem!

we have had some long talks about them wanting more freedom this year, so with freedom comes responsiblity...they will be doing their own laundry this year.  the kids are each responsible for folding their own clothes and stipping their beds on saturdy morning... i can do the sheets in 2 loads... i only wash the blankets if they have gotten something on them so thats not a big deal either.  

-i throw my clothes from the day, or usually 2 days...whenver the basket fills up.. in at night after everyone is in bed. 

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

capicorngal
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 5:46 PM
atleast 5 loads every other day. i should invest in the water and electric company.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)