Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our kids just get WAAAAY to crazy!!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 225 Total Views

How about yours? 
I hate watching them sit in front of the TV or playing video/computer games all the time but I swear that is the ONLY time they can be calm!!  Playing, laughing and having fun is one thing, but it gets to the point where they will be playing in any one of the rooms and you can feel the whole house shake and the volume of their voices is EAR PIERCING!!  They get one, ONE, opportunity to calm it down, which they NEVER do, so they end up getting punished, and I mean this literally happens EVERY time they are playing together.  I understand it is harder in winter when they can't go outside (unless there is snow to play in) but COME ON!! 
I can't say that I remember everything about my childhood, but I do know that I would have gotten in major trouble if my brothers and I had ever been that loud while inside the house.  And we don't even give them caffeine and very little sugar.  My husband and I are at our wits end with them, and I am just wondering if you ladies have dealt with overly hyper kids and how to keep things a little more calm.
BTW- our "problem" kiddos LOL are 3 boys, 8 7 and 6 and my sd who is 12.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
debbie1972
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:12 PM

OMG!  I can't even begin to explain how crazy it gets at my house sometimes!

Yes, my oldest DDs are 18, and 16, so it is just Savannah (10 y/o), and the boys (twins turned 2 last month).

Savannah will chase them through the house,all three of them just SCREAMING bloody murder...then the dog gets riled up, and starts chasing them too, and barking like mad!

Savannah, and Andrew's new game is basically a screaming contest..They simultaneously scream to see who can be the loudest, and Brian laughs so hard he can't even stand up...it is insane!

Yes, it gets crazy, and yes, sometimes I'm taking Tylenol multiple times daily, but I am so happy they are having fun, and getting along that I just let it go.

My sister Jamie (not really "into" kids) visited for a few days last week, and nearly lost her mind, but I am just really used to it.

7mom1977
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 2:15 PM
Quoting debbie1972:

Yes, it gets crazy, and yes, sometimes I'm taking Tylenol multiple times daily, but I am so happy they are having fun, and getting along that I just let it go.

Yeah, you know what, I feel that way a lot, too.  I love listening to them having fun together and screaming because they're HAPPY... but ALWAYS hyper ALL the time, that I can't handle!!  Especially when I have just laid the twins down for the night and all you hear is shouting all over the house... but the kids have been warned if they EVER wake those babies up again, they will be sitting in there for the night listening to THEM scream! 

debbie1972
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 9:13 AM

Quoting 7mom1977:

Yeah, you know what, I feel that way a lot, too.  I love listening to them having fun together and screaming because they're HAPPY... but ALWAYS hyper ALL the time, that I can't handle!!  Especially when I have just laid the twins down for the night and all you hear is shouting all over the house... but the kids have been warned if they EVER wake those babies up again, they will be sitting in there for the night listening to THEM scream! 

LOL...That is the rule in my house, and I have followed through on it a couple of times!

My two oldest DDs get home from work (they both have after school jobs) around 9:30 pm....sometimes they have their boyfriends over to watch TV or listen to music for awhile (everyone has to be out by 10:30 on school nights, 12:00 on weekends) and they HAVE woken the twins up a couple of times.

I made their company leave, and they had to go get the boys back to sleep again!

MissChris
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 12:04 PM

My house is the same way, but I wouldn't want it any other way!!! I LOVE to hear their little voices exclaim excitement and wonder. At times their voices get a little out of control but I just remind them that we are inside. And if it's been a really hyper day I try to give them things to occupy their time, like drawing or board games to play. Or I will stick a movie in for them that they love and I know they will watch. Then if I have an hour of quiet I don't mind the madness that much. I would so much rather have my kids run around and be vibrant individuals than have them sit and be sticks in the mud. That's all a part of being a kid. My husband gets worked up at them when they get loud, I try to remind him that he was once a kid as well, LOL. And remember, it's not always going to be like this, and you WILL someday miss it!

7mom1977
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Quoting MissChris:

I will stick a movie in for them that they love and I know they will watch.

HA!!  I only WISH that still worked with our kids!!  Maybe when they were 3 or 4, but now watching a movie or TV is like a punishment to them!!

babyfat5
by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Quiet what is that??

I tune it out most of the time as long as they aren't screaming from them knocking eachother out. It is funny though becuase I can be on the phone and I don't really hear them but who ever I'm on the phone with will be like "Do you need to go to quiet them down?" I'm like uh no this is pretty quiet around here.

Mummytomore
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 2:09 PM

I love having a crazy house.

I have 5 crazy boys and they are 5, 3, 2, 1, 4mo they run around like crazy, sream to there little hearts content and never lets mummy have any sleep. I can't punish them because they give me those sweet face's and say "sorry mummy, we really do love you lots" and that melts my heart. They are all very special and unique and they are so helpful and very handsome boys lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)