Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentine's day is next weekend do you all have plans with the family?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 182 Total Views

What are you all planing to do with your families for Valentine's day?

Are you all going out or cooking.  Sounds like we are having one meal out and one cooked at home. 

Hope that you have some wonderful plans with you families. 

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
reese76
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 7:56 PM

We are going to make valentine cupcakes together (a tradition)  and then I'll probably make a favorite dinner for everyone.  Going out to eat sounds fun, but that's just something we can't afford to do right now.  My hubby and I used to go out for dinner, just the two of us, but we've recently moved away from family and do not have anyone we trust to babysit for us.  But that's okay, we love to all be together anyway!

peacefulkids
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 8:28 AM

I know what you mean.  I would love to go out too but with times being the way they are we are pinching pennies so to speak.  I might make everyone Valentine's day pizza so quick and easy. 

I love the cupcake idea.  I make a cake with the kids.  Neat idea never thought about making it that way.  I always made the cake double layer.

Thank you for that idea.

Quoting reese76:

We are going to make valentine cupcakes together (a tradition)  and then I'll probably make a favorite dinner for everyone.  Going out to eat sounds fun, but that's just something we can't afford to do right now.  My hubby and I used to go out for dinner, just the two of us, but we've recently moved away from family and do not have anyone we trust to babysit for us.  But that's okay, we love to all be together anyway!

pixiebeads
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 9:03 AM

In my family, we really don't do anything special. Valentines Day is the holiday my DH takes. I do Christmas, Easter, and B-days. So, whatever DH plans for Valentines day is what we do.

~Angel~ Wife to Scott (since 1991) & SAHM of (soon to be a Nana!):
Rebeka 10/91 (hospital/MW) her Baby Boy, LIAM due March 22 2009
Aimee 6/93 (hospital/unassisted)
Scott 2/96 (hospital/Dr)
Anamarie 11/02 (hospital/MW & dr)
Heather 12/04 (hospital/MW)
Mikayla 5/07 (unassisted home birth)
MIKAEL SEP 28, 2008 Unassisted HomeBirth

Ang101
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 7:44 AM

I LOVE V-day!  I make heart shaped muffins for breakfast, give the kids their little gifts at breakfast and make a nice dinner.  But since it's on Sat, I wanted to add more to it (I have to work 10-5, so don't know if i can).  Love the cupcake idea!  Any more ideas?

goatmom4
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 10:11 AM

yup we have big  plans and lots of stuff for kids love LOVE the holidaysbunch of roses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)