Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help...sleep...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:59 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 185 Total Views

Okay more experience mamas..I need help. I am a mother to 5 little boys, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 week. I am EXHAUSTED! I know newborns mean no sleep, but having to take care of all the rest, I REALLY get no sleep, like 3-4 hours a night, and that is IT. My wonderful husband is back to work and I don't know if I will make it...I mean, this is only my second day without help, and I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. Any advice? I would love to drink coffee or an energy drink, but I am nursing, so I can't... I just don't know how to get past the exhaustion phaze....

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
DeeD
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:05 PM

I am in your March moms group! Nice to see you here...

My best suggestion for you is to try to put them all down for naps with you. I darkened a room and made all the little ones sleep at the same time. We planned it around baby's nap time. It really helped. I am in the same boat, although my guy is now almost a month. This was our 8th baby and so I know how it feels! I had 3 kids under 2 1/2. Honestly, somehow we do make it through. I rpomise!

Tax Day Tea Party

Join the Revolution!!!      http://taxdayteaparty.com/

peacefulkids
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 7:38 AM

I would darken a room and just try to work the nap times like the post above me.  I know that I made it I was only getting one hour a night for a few weeks.  I know you will make it through at least you know it will be a sleepy battle all the way.  Moms are the ones that have the sleep deprived issues.  Good Luck. 

MissChris
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I understand all to well how you are feeling! I have a 4,3,1 1/2, and 2month old. I average at most 3 hours of sleep a night. My husband works 3rd shift so he is not here at night and he sleeps all day...so pretty much it's all on me day and night. And at times exhausted doesn't even seem to be a big enough word to describe how I feel. I try to catch cat naps through out the day on the couch while my kids are watching a movie right next to me. Or I put them all down for a nap, my 2 older ones don't really sleep but I still put them in their rooms for an hour and I lay down. However, my baby is usually fussy during this time so I have to lay with him. So I can't really "sleep" b/c I worry about rolling over on him. So I just rest. But I would try to put them all down for naps, or quiet time, and catch some rest then! As moms we just have to push through, it's not fun, it's not easy, it's just that so many depend on us. I have faith we will make it, even though some days I feel like I have nothing left to give! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)