Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm getting a divorce

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:52 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 503 Total Views

After 18 years with the man I love and adore, due to unforgivable actions, we are getting a divorce. I have 7 children (8 if you count my grandson) and am unemployed. I have been a SAHM for most of my life and have no jobs skills although I do have many skills from being the head of the house. He is not contesting anything I put on paper and will sign whatever I write up for the divorce.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peacefulkids
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:14 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through this.  I am here if you need to talk.  But being a head of house hold you might be able to get a job with the county at the school if you need.  But after 18 years he should support you and the kids.

Mommy2seven
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:26 PM

I'm so sorry hun... that is sad... I'm here for you also 

mommy9
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:32 PM

I'm so sorry.

mfbmoreno
by on Aug. 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I am sorry and my prayers are with you and your family. You can ask for transitional alimony and child support plus you are eligible depending on his job to half his retirement.  I know this is a painful time to think of these things but you need to be prepared to care for yourself and your children.  As for work you can see about starting college or you could see about substitute teaching it is a good way to get your foot into the school system or working for a daycare since you obviously have a background in child care.

Good luck and best wishes!

darla-8
by on Aug. 1, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I am so sorry that you are going thur this , it's very hard thing to do when you where married so long..i divorce my ex after 11 years..he cheated on me..but i think it was the best thing for me because i have a awesome husband and three more kids , so i have 8 kids know and i am very happy..

MOMMYTO5CUTIES
by on Aug. 4, 2009 at 7:04 PM

I am so sorry ,divorce is very hard to go through .

hugs 

momo8child
by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Before you go through with a divorce,  you should think about what your life will be like afterward.  Will you be better off having to work and pay for everything yourself?  What about the trama to the children?  Wouldn't your children be a lot happier living with both their parents?  I don't know what your husband did, but I think for most things, you can move on dispite it.  Maybe you won't have such a trusting, close relationship, but you could at least live like civil roommates until your children grow up.  Read book by Debbie Pearl: Created to Be His Help Meet.  This can give you practical advice on making the best of living with a husband who is not the best--but maybe you can learn how to make things better for all of your family.

Why would you divorce him when you love and adore him?

---Married for 17 years!

pixiebeads
by on Aug. 7, 2009 at 7:59 AM

He had a sexual indiscretion with a girl who is of age of consent, but was a minor. THAT is unfogivable because I have 5 daughters, 2 of which are teens. I have to protect my children.

Quoting momo8child:

Before you go through with a divorce,  you should think about what your life will be like afterward.  Will you be better off having to work and pay for everything yourself?  What about the trama to the children?  Wouldn't your children be a lot happier living with both their parents?  I don't know what your husband did, but I think for most things, you can move on dispite it.  Maybe you won't have such a trusting, close relationship, but you could at least live like civil roommates until your children grow up.  Read book by Debbie Pearl: Created to Be His Help Meet.  This can give you practical advice on making the best of living with a husband who is not the best--but maybe you can learn how to make things better for all of your family.

---Married for 17 years!

mommy9
by on Aug. 7, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I am definitely with you.  Divorce him and be happy about your decision.  I lived with parents who waited for us to get grown to divorce and would have much rather had them divorced when we were younger.  He definitely can't be trusted in a house with children, let alone friends of children going in and out if he can't make better judgements than that either.  Hold your head high and kick his butt right out the door!

Quoting pixiebeads:

He had a sexual indiscretion with a girl who is of age of consent, but was a minor. THAT is unfogivable because I have 5 daughters, 2 of which are teens. I have to protect my children.

Quoting momo8child:

---Married for 17 years!

Carlisle4TNL
by on Aug. 11, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I truly am sorry that you are going through this, however I still believe with time and space the situation is forgivable. Literally unless he killed someone (that's forgivable as well ) it is forgivable. Now you said that you loved and adored this man for 18 yrs. and maybe this is a seriously major big bump that you guys have never experienced, but it is forgivable. You know your specifics and you may not want to be in the same house with him anymore, but for your life, health and strength you must forgive. Too many women are falling prey to undo stress simply because of unforgiveness. It will take time but shake it off and move on with your life; if not for you, how about for your children and your grandson.

TruthNLove

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)