Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone had their tubes tied and then gotten pregnant?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:10 AM
  • 45 Replies
  • 20721 Total Views
I had my tubes tied 7 years ago and I am having all the signs of being pregnant.  Crazy???? Maybe but I am now feeling kicking and so can others.  It is not only me that feels it.  What do you think?  Let me know your experience.
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strwbreshrtck
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 4:53 PM
I had my tubes tied and got pregnant once. I miscarried. I am a nurse and honestly, it all depends on HOW they did the procedure! My friend's daughter had it happen too! It is actually pretty common. ESPECIALLY if you are fertile. Good luck! Take a test! I'm curious!
opratt
by Group Owner on Jul. 14, 2007 at 9:39 PM
When I had my tubal done I was open for a c-section.  The doc just tied my tubes. 
heidi37217
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 6:05 PM
I wish I could get pregnant. I had a tubal ligation 3 years ago and now I'm with the man that I want to spend the rest of my life with(he has no children) and I can't give him a child.

[image]

Moony 4

[image]   [image]                                           

[image] [image]

[image] [image]

[image] [image]

opratt
by Group Owner on Jul. 15, 2007 at 7:51 PM
I am so sorry.  I know when I had my tubal done I listened to everyone else.  I shouldn't have.  It has been seven years and part of me wants another baby.  Well I started showing signs awhile ago but I put it as my head doing it.  I am still having signs and it has been almost three months.  I am going to the doctor on Wed.  I will let you know.  I have been feeling movement in my lower abdomen.  I put it off as gas but gas doesn't tickle me and it doesn't make me lose my breath.  Who knows, I might be.  What I am trying to say is that anything is possible. 
d_insanity
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2007 at 12:22 AM

yeah, same thing here..had my tubes tied over a year ago and just gave birth just over a month ago..weird thing is; i had complications during my tubal so they opened me up and thought they would have to take it all out, bleeding wouldn't stop and my left tube just dissolved right in front of the dr.  took a large partion of my right tube out and said "I" of all ppl would never have to worry about getting pregnant again because of the situation; and yet here i am, with another child.

oliviarc
by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 6:39 PM
I had my tubes tied during my c-section 2 years ago.  I am currently 2 months late.  I felt funny when I took my first pregnancy test, because I didn't know you could still get pregnant after having your tubes tied.  Well, This month I took another test, still negative.  I go into the doctor Monday to see what she has to say.  I have 5 kids at home, and though I have the urge for more kids, I am a little concerned about raising another child.  I am trying to be patient until I see the doctor, but now I am getting pregnancy signs; nausia, bloated stomach, constipation, among other things.  Just curious if there were others feeling/going through the same thing.
opratt
by Group Owner on Aug. 20, 2007 at 8:54 AM

I had my tubes tied  7 years ago on August 4th.  I had my tubes tied while I was open for a c-section.  I am currently experiencing all the signs of pregnancy.  I have big blue veins in my breasts, that circle around my areola and a few that go to my nipples. I am gaining weight only in my stomach (which is hard).  I am a big girl and normally you could lose a finger by poking me (not anymore). I feel movement, we think we heard a heartbeat using my microphone. I am nauseated all of the time. My breasts are very sore. I urinate all of the time. Now with that, I have had a blood test and a urine test. All neg. But with my middle child, he did not show up on test either. In fact, they said he was a cyst from the u/s.  I was preggo, but it did not show up on the tests. So the question is, am I preggo now?

moandma
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 11:38 PM
My SIL just found out she was pregnant after having had her tubes tied about 10 years ago.  I cannot even tell you my jealousy.  I had mine tied five years ago after our third baby.  Stupid, stupid, stupid but like someone else here, I listened to other people around me.  My mom played a huge role in that.

Kelley

henzel3
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 3:22 PM

i am going through the same thing that you are i am three months late on my period and experiencing all the symptoms of being pregnat.i had my tubes tied 4 yrs ago after i had my son.
shannon
www.WorkAtHomeShan.com

MommaLatham
by on Sep. 3, 2007 at 2:16 PM
I am in the same boat as a lot of you. I had my tubal in Jan 06, when my son was born. I was having a c-section, and elected to have my tubal done then. They cut and burned my tubes, which I understood to be the most effective form a tubal ligation, but now I am experiencing pregnancy symptons and I am very concerned. If I am pregnant I am only 3 weeks or so, but I am feeling like I did with my other 3 pregnancies. Has anyone had this from of tubal and STILL became pregnant?? I know my husband and I are very fertile...lol We have 3 healthy kids, and lost one pregnancy @ 11 weeks. Any input would be appreciated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)