Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have sinus problems along with migraines?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2010 at 7:28 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 302 Total Views

I have alot of sinus problems along with my migraines. I take flonase along with zyrtec everyday with my preventative meds and my zomig for pain. I was just curious if anyone else exprienced sinus problems as well.

by on Aug. 14, 2010 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
thebailiffs
by Member on Aug. 14, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Nope I don't have any sinus issues and I read an article a while ago that said people often misdiagnose migraines for sinus infections.

Good luck, I am glad you found something that helps.

Mipsy
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2010 at 12:09 AM

My migraines just started last November. They did a MRI to rule stuff out and they found I had a pretty bad sinusitis infection. I didn't even know I had it at all. I felt fine honestly (besides the migraines). The only discrepancy I have (and so do the doctors) about the sinuses linking to my migraines is that my migraines aren't anywhere near my sinuses. They are in the lower back part of my head. :/ But I do believe I probably have ongoing sinus problems and until the MRI we never knew that.

zumbafreak11
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Sometimes I have sinus problems with my migraines, but usually not. I saw a neurologist on May 2 that put me on Amitriptylin 10 mg to take at bedtime and Sumatriptan 100 mg. I usually get migraines once a month between 3 and 5 days. I have Mirena due to having endometriosis and haven't had a period since November 2010- a few months after it was inserted.
hawaiiangoddess
by hawaiiangoddess on May. 16, 2013 at 5:03 AM
I have had migraines since I was 9 and not until last Jan. (2012) did I start having horrible sinus problems, the allergist & ENT put me on antibiotics and prednisone for a year and also had MRI's and a CT scan. I never had sinus issues before but when they hurt so bad it does trigger a horrific migraine my neurologist told me this can happen all of a sudden but I have been so miserable, sometimes with migraines lasting 3 days :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)