Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back to the drawing board!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:56 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 312 Total Views

I saw a neurologist 2 weeks ago about the increased frequency of my migraines. He basically had no answer as to why they've gotten so frequent. He ordered some bloodwork to check for vitamin deficiencies, and ordered an MRI and an EEG,( which I have yet to get scheduled) I had my MRI yesterday, and I was really nervous but it went okay. I had to come out of the machine once, because I got really anxious,even though itwas an open machine, I just couldn't lay there anymore not being able to move!!

They called me yesterday afternoon with my bloodwork results, and I was shocked to find out they were completely normal!! I was disapointed, because if they had shown a vitamin deficiency, at least that would have been a starting point, at least I would have gotten some answers, at least that would have been an easy fix.

My main problem is menstrual migraines, and if you'll read my response to the post about that, I'm trying to figure out what to do about that.

The neurologist did increase my Topamax, which I hate, because the side effects really drain me. I'm looking now into some natural remedies, Oil of oregano, Female Harmony ( which will balance out my hormones), etc.

Group owner Standing Firm on the KJV Bible

http://www.cafemom.com/group/kjvonly

Custom Handmade Jewelry by Beth

All proceeds benefit the Harvest Baptist Church Building fund-PM me for more details!!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
fiasco3
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:23 AM

I sympathize with you on the MMs! We're in this one together. I'll tell you what I've been doing that's helped my migraines GREATLY (all but the MMs).

I take Vitamin D3 (which is what I attribute most of my decreased migraines to!), Migrelief (magnesium, riboflavin and feverfew), plus more magnesium. I also take Elavil but I'm not all that confident that it's responsible for much of my relief. When I started taking the Vit D3 and Migrelief I went from 3 migraines a week to only menstrual migraines. As I siad in my MM thread I started taking bioidetical progesterone and am waiting to see if it will give me any MM relief. If it does, I'll be golden.

Good luck!

Bethsunshine
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Quoting fiasco3:

I sympathize with you on the MMs! We're in this one together. I'll tell you what I've been doing that's helped my migraines GREATLY (all but the MMs).

I take Vitamin D3 (which is what I attribute most of my decreased migraines to!), Migrelief (magnesium, riboflavin and feverfew), plus more magnesium. I also take Elavil but I'm not all that confident that it's responsible for much of my relief. When I started taking the Vit D3 and Migrelief I went from 3 migraines a week to only menstrual migraines. As I siad in my MM thread I started taking bioidetical progesterone and am waiting to see if it will give me any MM relief. If it does, I'll be golden.

Good luck!

What is biodetical progesterone?

Group owner Standing Firm on the KJV Bible

http://www.cafemom.com/group/kjvonly

Custom Handmade Jewelry by Beth

All proceeds benefit the Harvest Baptist Church Building fund-PM me for more details!!

fiasco3
by Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Bioidentical progesterone is supposed to be chemically identical to the progesterone that's created in our bodies.

smallbizmom
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:33 AM

I would'nt want anything with side effects. I take Imitrix but am getting headaches daily.

Mom of a Cutie - 10 Years Old

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)