Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Migraine Hell

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 221 Total Views

Hi - First real post here.

I have been suffering horribly with migraines most of my life.

Last April they went into the unmanagable zone. 

I get them every day - and generally am at the ER at least once a month.  I've tried everything, and all my doctors are almost throwing up their hands.  I'm under the care of 3 doctors for this.

Currently, I'm on Frova, Ocycontin/Oxycodone, Zofran (for the nausea) and hydromorphone. This particular migraine lasted 3 days.

If I knew a magic pill, I'd take it in a heartbeat to get my life back.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SouthernMommy06
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:24 PM

have you tried Topamax? Alot of people dont like it but i take it for mine. Its and anti epileptic, but i take it becuz my migranes are so bad, that i have sezuires with mine. I take 150 mg total, 50 in the am and 100 in the pm. I would as your doc about it, it might help with the pain. Good luck im here if yuo want someone to talk with

annamarie420200
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:43 PM

I've been taking Topamax  for past few months as well.  Heard lots of bad feedback but i've not had any side effects nor migrianes. Good luck to u 

adkmommy
by Member on Apr. 13, 2009 at 1:51 AM

I am sorry you are suffering so.  I empathize with you and agree with the term migraine hell!  Go back to your doctor and tell him what you are doing is not working.  I am on Topamax too and have recently been told by my nuero that I have chronic migraine disease.  I have at least 4 ER visits a month and I know the kind of havoc migraines do to your life.  Your kids need you and most of all you need to feel good.  I know your pain is real, so find a doctor that will really help you ( not always easy, I know) and take back your life.  This is what everybody keeps telling me because I have been so down about my migraine pain too.  But I have 3 little ones counting on me. Good luck, and we are here for you so let us know how you are doing.

KellyChristal
by on Apr. 21, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I suffer from many things....migraines being one of them.  I have discovered that xanax takes my migraines away.  I am not kidding.  If i take a phenergan and a xanax and lay down an hour later my migrain is gone...and I have had mmaathone migraines and those that have endedme in the ER as well....it wouldnt hut to ask, those of you who are desperate.  I discovered this by mistake. I take xanax for sleep and anxiety.  One day I had a migraine and wanted to sleep, so I took a xanax...sure enough an hour later it was gone...I tested my therory a couple times, and it has proven true.  ust though you ladies would like to know...there isnt much out there about xanax and migraines, which is sad, considering NOTHING else takes mine away.  Good luck.

I am a 30 year old motherless mother, who has a 3 year old princess and a two year old devil, who has been touched by suicide and breast cancer, who got married at 19 and is still married to the same man 11 years later, who is a Certified Texas Teacher but stays at home now, who has Ankylosing Spondylitis which is an autoimmune disease, who is a non-church going Christian, that knows it is important to live in the now, because tomorrow is not guaranteed. Oh, and for some reason I collect giraffes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)