Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce Yourself

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:42 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 357 Total Views

Hi there I am 25 yrs old and have a son who is 9 mos. old. He is my first and my pride and joy. I am  a sahm until august when I go back to work as a teacher. My husband is in law enforcement and works nights....he works alot and has been since I stayed home to be with our son. Its soooo stressful and lonely with him gone alot. Thus this is why I started this group so as to have a way to vent, Well look forward to meeting everyone on here and offering support to others,

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Feeny
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 12:00 AM

Hi!! My name is Christy. I am 19 and a mother of two. My dd is 3 and my son will be 8 weeks on Monday. My Husband usually works nights (and has since we got married last August.  His schedule is totally crazy though. Sometimes it's 6am -2pm, sometimes 10 pm- 6am. But lately it's been 4pm - midnight. It's tough becase I work part-time days, somedays 7;45 to 5;00 so those days I don't get to see him, except waking him up on my lunch break. So yeah... Glad to meet other women in similar situations.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

mom-to-3
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 12:07 AM
I know just what you guys are going through!! I recently went back to school so the only time i see my husband is if I wait up till 1 am..which doesn't happen often..before i went back to school i was a stay at home mom to hailey 7 katherine 2 and ezra 1..and it seemed if my husband wasn't at work he had some sort of a side job..it is very frustrating exspecially when you feel like you are all alone! Going back to school has been wonderful for me and my kids! I miss them so much but i feel better about myself and my husband now has to spend more time with the kids since i am not home..
2babygaultboys
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2007 at 12:39 AM
Hello! I'm Dusty, 23 y/o with two boys.  14 months and 3 months.  My husband works usually 9am to 7:30pm.  I feel like we hardly ever get to spend time together as a family.  I guess you have to do what you have to do to support a family though.
AprilJuneJuly
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 3:12 PM
I'm def. in the same boat. My hubby has been working nights since we've been together. He is now a foreman and works even longer hours. He usually leave for work at 4pm and comes home bout 6am. It sucks! Plus he's working weekends now. Totally looking forward to talking to other moms that are going thru the same thing,

april
skylersmom44
by on Jul. 16, 2007 at 11:28 PM
Hello I am a 23 yr old sahm. My husband works nights as well. 2-12 m-f and 9-2 Sat. It feels like I am a single mom a lot of times because he is hardly around. I miss him and I get really lonely sometimes. Can't wait to get to know you all.
keylynn
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2007 at 11:20 PM
Hi all... I'm remarried now and have one little girl who is 5 by my former husband, and one baby 7 months old by my new husband. We decided together that we could afford for me to stay at home with the children, so I got to quit my job of almost 8 years at the end of April, wahoo! Being a full-time Mom is a harder job than my "work" ever was... at least I got two breaks, LOL. So my husband, in my opinion, has always been a hard worker, working as much as 3 normal people, again just an opinion. And lately, it seems like it is so much more. I know part of it is that he wants this promotion so we will not have to worry about money, but we have not had any issues so far with money, and I say why worry if there is no issue. But he works at night usually after the kids are in bed, which gives me time to myself, which I do need, but does cut down on time with us, which we need sometimes. Just makes it challenging really. And I can't ask him to stop because he says he does not get all his work done at work because he is usually training people during the day, so he has to work his job at night... and he wants to impress these people, and maybe he's paranoid about being fired, who knows... anyway, sorry for the long post. thanks for this group though. Needed to write...
MOMMY158
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2007 at 10:43 PM
hi there,
I am a 28 year old mother to three and two step kids. My husband works third shift and usually 7 days a week. I work first and we usually dont see to much of each other. I miss him! I am alone alot, well not alone, my kids are 8 5 and 1, but alone as far as adult contact! my kids are great and my job is great and my life is great......yet i often feel sad! looking to meet some good freinds and have some kind of social life here!
kris
mommy158
Liseyloo
by on Oct. 14, 2007 at 11:38 PM
Hi, I'm Lisey, I'm 22 and I have a 2 yr old daughter and a 6 month old son.  My fiancee works for Halliburton and has CRAZY hours...lately he's been working 11PM to 11 AM, sometimes it's 8PM to 3AM, sometimes 7PM to 7AM....I'm a SAHM mom and we live out in the country, so I'm mostly alone with my kids....gettin' really lonely!!  I'd love to have some conversations that don't include Doodlebops songs or rhymes about changing dirty diapers. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)