Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a true story today it is funny but not yesterday

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 122 Total Views

Quoting dwidget:

good morning ladies

i am painfully aware that i am awake. YUCKY!!!! is how i feel, to be medically correct. LOL my adrenals kicked in last night and put me into high gear and i couldn't sleep until after midnight.

i must tell you of our adventure at target yesterday.  is your american version this way or is it just untrained canadians who don't understand american store procedures.  we went to target to find a freezer.  so we walked about and finally saw a sales lady and asked her where the freezers were that were on sale.  oh she said they will be over here.  so we followed her and they weren't there.  she phoned front desk and we were told they were over there.  so we went there and found they were no where in site.  after 4 trips back and forth across the store with directions on how to get to the proper location being followed by the helpful sales lady followed by us we eventually found the empty shelf where it should have been. so our helpful sales lady got some young guy and a security guard to go and get the last one from the back.  then the fun began!!!! lol we were told to pick it up at the guest counter but to look around the store to give them time to take it to the front of the store.  so we at did.  when we arrived eventually at the guest counter we informed the person behind the counter we were here to see the freezer.  oh she said what name is on the box.  no name since no one even thought to ask our name.  LOL oh okay.  she went to the back room and brought out a bar fridge.  no that isn't it we said, it is a freezer. oh and what is the name on the box.  they didn't ask our name. LOL so then 2 guys brought the freezer up and she had us checked out before we even got to see if we wanted it.  since no picture was in the ad.  in other words we got the bum's rush.  then these two gentlemen informed us that since it was such a small freezer it definitely would fit in our car.  michael said it wouldn't they said it would.  michael was right.  at this point standing in the heat after dealing with people who didn't know what they were talking about for the past 30 - 45 minutes we were all ready to scream. LOL so michael called colin and asked him to please come and help us out with his truck to get it home. colin had a house full of company and couldn't leave.  i called brenda.  so gary and brenda with the 2 dogs showed up and we put it into her pt cruiser and finally got it home. if looks could kill and thoughts could maim target would be back in the good old us of a. LOL

ps.  i have never been treated like that in walmart another american company.

so today i intend to relax.  so how has your week end gone?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Granny2005
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had that experience in K Mart.  Nobody knew what was going on.  I actually picked up the store phone & asked over the loud system if anyone worked in that department that had any idea if what they were doing.  I was in the 'stereo' department but the newly released DVD I was looking for was in the bread aisle!  Explain that.

i hope u like ur new refrigerator 

sweetviolet60
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Unusual for Target, at least here in US   I won't shop at WalMart--the quality of their products has gone way downhill and store is filthy.  Our target is clean, and full of knowledable helpful people.  I'm sorry you had that experience---sounds like an episode from a sitcome (Everyone Loves Raymond or Seinfeld comes to mind)   Hope it's what you wanted.

SweetViolet60

frangipani731
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Same sort of thing happens at The Warehouse. The catch phrase " Where everyone gets a bargain" could be paraphrased to "Where everyone gets a headache/ulcer/hernia/tantrum"

Granny2005
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM

We do almost all out shopping at Wlmrt.  It's clean & friendly.  It's also next door.  I'm sorry your Wlmrt is so bad.

dwidget
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:50 AM

i always have great service at walmart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)