• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monday's daily journal

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:24 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 264 Total Views

good morning ladies, how is everyone doing today?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Replies (1-10):
dwidget
by Group Admin on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:31 AM

good day dear friends.  well it is going to be so cold today with a high of 12*F. brrrr!!!! i am looking forward to staying in today.  i just have to finish the 2nd sleeve and i will have the sweater done.  then i just have to do the hood and attach it.  however, i don't like the curl in st st so i will have to figure out something to do about it.  i was thinking about crochet but i am not sure.

yesterday was a nice day spent knitting and listening to an audio book and will probably do the same today.

have a great day ladies.

sweetviolet60
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:20 AM

thanks for the reminder it's Monday lol  Between our mid week holidays and Joe being on vacation, I'm not sure.

Today is an organizing day for me after I brings some papers to my mother's nursing home for annual review.

Joe gave me lots of gifts to work on projects next year.  Photo albums to hopefully organize photos in an orderly fashion, instead of in old, mis-matched photo albums, in containers and on the computer.  That will be a long, on going project, plus some family tree charts to get back to tracing family descendants.

Well, off to shower and get my day started.  TTYL   We had rainstorm yesterday, now it's supposed to be icy and a snowstorm coming the end of the week.

SweetViolet60

Granny2005
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Yep, it's cold here too.  Got a mixture of rain & snow yesterday so the roads arent too great.  But I'm going to town with Rachel.  She has Dr appt & I will stay with the boys.  I'd keep them here but it's just too much for me to have them both at the same time.  Especially if Bill is home.

i started my socks. First 6 rows are K back & forth on one needle.  I didn't think 60 sts would fit on he tiny needle (size 1) the next row you K 3 then turn the left needle & work in counter clock wise.  I have no idea how to do this.  I'm hoping to get some help ttoday's.

have a good day.

dwidget
by Group Admin on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM

are they supposed to be knit 20 sts on 3 needles or 15 sts on 4 needles or are they 2 needle socks with 60 on one needle?

Quoting Granny2005:

Yep, it's cold here too.  Got a mixture of rain & snow yesterday so the roads arent too great.  But I'm going to town with Rachel.  She has Dr appt & I will stay with the boys.  I'd keep them here but it's just too much for me to have them both at the same time.  Especially if Bill is home.

i started my socks. First 6 rows are K back & forth on one needle.  I didn't think 60 sts would fit on he tiny needle (size 1) the next row you K 3 then turn the left needle & work in counter clock wise.  I have no idea how to do this.  I'm hoping to get some help ttoday's.

have a good day.

wooly
by Group Owner on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM

The boys are sick, so I need to call the vet. My nails are sadly in need of fills and no one is answering the phone. But the sun is up and shining! So, no problems . Knitting Margs is tonite and I haven't made it in a couple of months, so I'm hoping I get to go tonite! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

wooly
by Group Owner on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Can you give us a link to the pattern you're using of the name of it if you got it off the computer? It doesn't sound right. Actually even if you got it from a book, between Dwidget and I we probably have most of the sock books out there. Maybe we can help, I hope!

Quoting Granny2005:

have a good day.

wooly
by Group Owner on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Actually, to do the turn all you do is work the 3 sts and then turn it around as if you had come to the end of the row and work back across the sts you just knit.

Quoting Granny2005:

have a good day.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Well I don't know the temp since I can't leave my room. I sprained my back on the 26th and have been resting since. I've been knitting the little mittens for my advent calendar garland. I've got six done now. I'm making 31 of them. I'm now in my corset knitting but no pain killers today. Yeah.
Granny2005
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Can you give us a link to the pattern you're using 

Creative Knitting Jan 2010 Toppled Socks paged 64 & 65.

the website is CreativeKnittingMagazine.com

I went in a Fabric store & the lady there showed me a way she thought it meant.  She knit the first 3 sts, turned the needle all the way around counter clock wise & continued knitting.  It made a little twist tht looks nice.  I'll post a picture when I can.  I hope it works.

wooly
by Group Owner on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Ok, mags I don't do. It sounds like you got your problem solved tho! Good Luck!

Quoting Granny2005:

Can you give us a link to the pattern you're using 

Creative Knitting Jan 2010 Toppled Socks paged 64 & 65.

the website is CreativeKnittingMagazine.com

I went in a Fabric store & the lady there showed me a way she thought it meant.  She knit the first 3 sts, turned the needle all the way around counter clock wise & continued knitting.  It made a little twist tht looks nice.  I'll post a picture when I can.  I hope it works.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)