Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It sounds like I don't need to post patterns everyone has a sock pattern or more they'd like to make!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 258 Total Views
1 mom liked this

If  anyone needs a basic sock  pattern using fingering weight yarn, just tell me. But Patty has already started her sock and Ruth sounds like she has patterns to choose from. Maybe Dwidget & I can dig out some that we started together and finish a pair of them!

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetviolet60
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Looks like I'm the only one who doesn't know how to make socks so I could use the easiest pattern possible if it's not too much trouble.  Thank you.

SweetViolet60

wooly
by Group Owner on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:20 PM

No problem, let me go dig one out for you! You do have small sizes of DPN's right? If you make a gauge swatch you might need anywhere between a size 1-3. 

Quoting sweetviolet60:

Looks like I'm the only one who doesn't know how to make socks so I could use the easiest pattern possible if it's not too much trouble.  Thank you.

frangipani731
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM

All my patterns are in Kerikeri, and I am in Wellington till Jan 11th, so I am going to have to wait so patiently till then. Aarrrrggghhh.

Granny2005
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Wooly would it be easier to use bigger needles for a first time sock?  My first was on a size 8, at least I got the idea.  Just curious.

dwidget
by Group Admin on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:29 AM

how about if we do are penguin socks. LOL that somehow never even got started.  we both have the yarn to make them.

wooly
by Group Owner on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:43 AM

That's true. Ok I need to know whether I need to post a sock pattern for what size yarn? My first socks were with fingering weight & size 2 needles so that's just what I always think of, plus I want socks that can be worn in a pair of shoes. It's up to Violet what size she wants to make!

wooly
by Group Owner on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:46 AM

You know when I cleaned out my craft room and put everything in the garage, I'm pretty sure I saved those out. I'll have to look!

Quoting dwidget:

how about if we do are penguin socks. LOL that somehow never even got started.  we both have the yarn to make them.

dwidget
by Group Admin on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:55 AM

sweet violet is lois, wooly.  i know you haven't got us all straightened out yet. LOL

Quoting wooly:

That's true. Ok I need to know whether I need to post a sock pattern for what size yarn? My first socks were with fingering weight & size 2 needles so that's just what I always think of, plus I want socks that can be worn in a pair of shoes. It's up to Violet what size she wants to make!

dwidget
by Group Admin on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:57 AM

patti you would be using worsted wt yarn to make a pair of socks on that size needle.  the yarn you are using wouldn't work.  also you would have to buy special worsted wt yarn with nylon in it not just acryllic which is easy to buy all over.

Quoting Granny2005:

Wooly would it be easier to use bigger needles for a first time sock?  My first was on a size 8, at least I got the idea.  Just curious.

wooly
by Group Owner on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Thank You, I knew it was either Lois or Ruth, but I wasn't sure and I didn't want to offend anyone! I am a blond you know!

Quoting dwidget:

sweet violet is lois, wooly.  i know you haven't got us all straightened out yet. LOL

Quoting wooly:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)