Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wednesday's daily journal

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:47 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 256 Total Views

good morning ladies.  our storm has hit.  it has been snowing all night and it is still coming down.  i hope everyone is safe and warm.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Replies (1-8):
dwidget
by Group Admin on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:51 AM

today i am feeling so much better than yesterday.  i am supposed to go to the chiropractor today but i will phone and see if he makes it to his office before i leave.  i turned my heel on my sock and started the gusset. so i hope to work on it and do laundry today.

have a great day ladies and keep safe and warm and ruth keep cool.

sweetviolet60
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Snowing here too---no work for dh-no school---supposed to be at least an inch an hour, turn to sleet, then back to snow  

So a cozy day inside with hubby.   Stay safe and warm (cool, Ruth) everyone.

SweetViolet60

Granny2005
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Plow just went by again. A plus for small towns...plow goes by often.  No work for Bill, he just got home at 2am.  No school so Rae isn't working.  Only Clif had to work today.

Good day to stay in & knit.  I hope I can, last night it bothered my eyes.

infection is better, now it's back to the cold.  I thinks it's the same as I had in Dec.

Be careful if you have to go out.

wooly
by Group Owner on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM

It's -20 here, and there's a good foot of snow on the ground, but no more is expected. Just cold temps thru the week. My cold is better this morning, but I think I'm still going to stay in and crochet this Afghan I started the other day. I was just going to do the Gauge Swatch and then put the yarn away, since I have 2 afghans on needles, but is got hooked and kept going!

frangipani731
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Waitangi Day today so it is a public Holiday and I get to stay home and knit.

It is meant to be a day of commemorating the signing of Treaty of Wiatangi, but instead it is a day where activists voice their views and I don't watch the news. Waitangi is not far from here, between Kerikeri and Paihia, and well worth the visit on any other day.

It is raining today. One very thirsty garden is delighted. Nearly breakfast time, and I am in need of a cup of tea, so I wish everyone a safe and warm day.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:23 PM
I'm snowed in. We got 11 inches. I've been at home crocheting the baby hats and tidying up. I made some meatloaf cupcakes. My family loves them.
kiweerose
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Yippee ....more rain heading our way. We are grateful for what we get nowdays. All you ladies in the snow...stay warm and safe.

I like that picture of the native New Zealanders. Reminds me of my relatives in Hawaii.

Granny2005
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:32 PM

We got about 8" now it is raining.

remember when Imsaid my sock heel looked funny?  I forgot the short rows... blank stareI set the first one aside and did the second one... Made the same mistake.  Finally it hit me so I had to frog bother of them back to that point.  Maybe now I can finish them & move on to the KAL

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)