Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friday's daily journal

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:50 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 180 Total Views

as you can tell i love this picture of friends knitting since i use it so often.  i am the chubby one. LOL

how is everyone today?  i hope our friends in the storm area are okay.  please keep warm and safe and ruth keep cool. LOL

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:50 AM
Replies (1-8):
dwidget
by Group Admin on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:55 AM

coffee with friends.  so i hope you are enjoying your tea or coffee as you join us today at k1p2, okay wooly i know it should be purl too. LOL

today is going to be in the mid twenties.  can you believe it.  the bad news is with snow.  now i don't mind snow i just don't like a blizzard so i am fine if it snows.

i finished my first copper coloured sock yesterday and i want to get started on the 2nd one.  i hope to have them finished before bob's family comes to visit.  next tuesday is going to be 34*F so if shelley my sil doesn't have to work they might be out then.  i will just wait and see.

have a great day ladies and don't forget to enjoy knitting today.

Granny2005
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:27 AM

We're getting the snow I wanted for Dec vacation.  I don't know how much we've got but it's a lot,  there was 6" before I went to bed at 9:30, when I got up at midnight it was pouring,  at 5 it was still snowing & it still is now.

no school but Bill got up at 7 to snow blow the drive way before Clif left fir work , of course just because I could sleep late.

Everyone be careful out there!

Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Well we are good. Safe and sound inside our house. There is 14 inches of horrible snow outside. I think it officially stopped though which is very nice. We survived the Nor'Easter without losing power which is very nice. The plow will be by later to clear the property. I love my dad for that one.

I got hurt a few days ago when my foster son hit me with a chair. My arm is really bad. The pinkie finger is broken and there is internal bruising. Now the whole hand hurts too. I haven't been able to knit or crochet or even handspin because of it. I mainly lay on the bed and sleep or watch television. My toddler loves this. Lots of cooking shows. His favorite.

I feel a bit better today and want to see about weaving in ends on hats I have for the babies in the cancer treatment center. Webs is doing a big collection and I love crocheting these up. Maybe I can handspin. I have a couple of skeins of yarn in the bag to knit some socks but that's not happening. It can wait.  

Granny2005
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Sorry about your hand.  Did you see the doctor?  I broke my finger years ago but didn't see the doctor.  Now wish I had as it's bent & bothers me.

its still snowing we got about 12" also.

wooly
by Group Owner on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:27 AM

It's not snowing here, but it's blowing snow from off the mtns. Bob bought me a little 10.1 computer yesterday because my Ipad  was drving me nuts and my friend thats supposed to be fixing my computer is down sick. This litle thing is great, but I haven't figured out how cut & paste yet, but I just got it set up last night in between fixing dinner. 

I Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day!

Granny2005
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I am so frustrated!  I am sick of frogging these Skyp socks.  I quit. I am not a fearless knitter.  I'm simply going to rib the whole thing

Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Oh yeah. I had to go to the hospital per my contract as a foster parent. They set my finger, ran x-rays, and gave meds. My pain went up today so I didn't get anything done. Just rested. I'm now with my boy watching more cooking shows ... cupcakes this time. I'm attempting to finish a hat.

Quoting Granny2005:

Sorry about your hand.  Did you see the doctor?  I broke my finger years ago but didn't see the doctor.  Now wish I had as it's bent & bothers me.

its still snowing we got about 12" also.

Granny2005
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Oh I'm relieved.  How many children do you have?  More than one foster child?  We considered foster children until we took the classes & heard the horror stories.  I knew I could never do it.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)