Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wednesday snow warning storm day

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:41 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 207 Total Views

well ladies it looks like we are in for another storm. UGGH!!! please keep safe.

how is everyone today beside being disappointed with heavy winds, rain, sleet or snow depending on what part of the country you live in?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Replies (1-10):
dwidget
by Group Admin on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:49 AM

i guess we will all have to snuggle up with a good book or sit and knit if we able to keep our power with the high winds.

so yesterday i went out with brenda and had a lovely time.  brenda took off her winter jacket since it was about 45*F.  oh my.  the sun was shining and it was a delight to be out.  when i came home i sat and watched dvds and knitted.  can you imagine i run out of purple again this time on the last row.  i had to fudge it. but it looks okay. now i won't have any purple to put around in the border. oh well.  i think i did the fudging row about 3 times to get it right. LOL since it is in the garter st part i found if i did the front row in green and the back row in purple you could see the purple sts at the front. LOL.

so i don't know what my body is going to get up to today.  i know laundry has to be done soon though.  also i want to work on the living room again. also i have 20 rows on the last stripe to do before the border.

have a great day ladies.

Princess7777
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:16 AM

How are you? It's a white out up here.nwill get worse. Expecting about 20 inches. High winds. I'm inside,mthe cats have stuff. Be safe everyone.

kiweerose
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Keep warm and safe where you ladies are.

Glad you are able to find a way to save more purple.

going to do errands, some laundry, knit something, and some reading and house things.

wooly
by Group Owner on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I'm home & my whole body is achy. I'm going to eat something, take a pain pill & go back to bed. The sun is shining here & it's beautiful here. We came thru a snow storm in Denver yesterday, but no problems for us. Bob said there were several accidents, luckily we weren't in any of them.

Granny2005
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:58 PM

It's warm enough here, only rain so far buy we may get some snow tonight.

went to town and finally found some underwear that fit but... $45.00 for 6 pairs.  Outrageous but you gotta do what cha gotta do.  I also got a new lamp for beside my chair.  Bill bought a new DVD player with blue ray.  We went early so we could get back before the weather had a chance to get  bad.  Now it's nap time.

frangipani731
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM

At 7:30 I am sitting here chatting, porrifge in front of me and a half hour walk completed. This morning I am off to Embroidery Guild and then going there again tonight. That way I can be sure to finish everything in my Embroidery todo list. I like days when I have no work, and it coincides with a great lineup of activity.

We are starting to batten down the hatches as we are expecting Cyclone Lusi to hit tomorrow night. I do not know what problems to expect, but I am glad that we will not need to go anywhere this weekend. I will make sure our pantry is well stocked, candles available etc.

wooly
by Group Owner on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Wow, I buy mine at Victorias Secret & don't pay that much! I hope they wear well!

Quoting Granny2005:

It's warm enough here, only rain so far buy we may get some snow tonight.

went to town and finally found some underwear that fit but... $45.00 for 6 pairs.  Outrageous but you gotta do what cha gotta do.  I also got a new lamp for beside my chair.  Bill bought a new DVD player with blue ray.  We went early so we could get back before the weather had a chance to get  bad.  Now it's nap time.

Granny2005
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Quoting wooly:

Wow, I buy mine at Victorias Secret & don't pay that much! I hope they wear well!

Quoting Granny2005:

went to town and finally found some underwear that fit but... $45.00 for 6.

I hope so too but then I am a huge size and I only were briefs so it is extremely hard to find some to fit me.  My SS buys hers at the dollar store.  Bummer.

Princess7777
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Granny2005
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Brr those pictures make me cold.  Just rain so far still. Half my back yard is showing grass.

quiet evening.  Clif hooked up my DVD player & I watched Clue.  Finished the front of my sweater.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)