Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sunday's daily journal.

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:57 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 162 Total Views

i am sure that we all have experienced that or know someone who has. LOL

good morning ladies.  what is the weather like where you are?

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Replies (1-7):
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:01 AM

what are you knit chicks working on?  we haven't heard anyone mention anything in a while.  we know patty is working on leggings/leg warmers but what is everyone else working on?

as you may or may not know i have decided to make another pair of socks so that is my project at the moment.

today is supposed to be 50*F and sunny but there is a strong wind blowing.

have a great day ladies.

by Group Owner on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I'm up and I haven't looked outside yet. At least I feel better today even with a new cold. I have to cancel my sewing lesson for today I don't want to give her my cold.

lets see, I started a baby blanket for my cousins wife's first grand baby. I've got a blanket for mine almost finished, but I can't find the other skein of blue yarn. And I also started the socks to go,with the first blanket to send to the new grandma to show her how soft the wool is. 

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I am making a sweater for a little girl who is 4 years old. She lives in UK but her auntie lives in Wellington and is a friend of my daughter's. Katy's favourite book is "The Best Jumper" and I am knitting the sweater to match.

Kay's measurements are

Chest 22 in and back 16 in. I am using a basic raglan pattern, but wonder now that I have finished the back if I have made it too small.

I think I will make it the next size so she has more room to move. This means recalculating the colour ratios. Oh well.

Off to work today with toddlers. I will enjoy working with them as it seems to be a nice day to be outside. I have my sock to finish in my breaks. I would have had them finished but unwanted help from a school aged child meant that I had to frog my sock . I was more than a little annoyed and had to battle feeling like the universe was trying to tell me not to knit socks. Fortunately Mum was able to encourage me and now the sock is well under way.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Rainy gloomy day here but I'm watching movies and knitting.  Working on a car seat throw for one of several babies due in Sept.  Looks like I will be knitting for babies all spring/summer.

I hope Patti had a good weekend, weather wasn't great-rain late yesterday and in Natick where she is they had flood watches posted this a.m. until tonight.  Not too bad where we are but some roads have been flooded.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:40 PM

what i am doing is nothing new but it is new to me. It is a knit picture afghan. This yr i am hooked on making them and stopped making hats for awhile. Hmmmmm.

Gave a neighbor a knit picture dishcloth to cheer her up from her bad knee pains.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Was rainy last few days with some snow here.

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Thanks Lois,  I had a great time.  

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)