• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Sunday

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:24 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 178 Total Views

As you can tell I can't sleep.  I'm in my chair again, there I can put pressure in my back which seems to help.  In bed I have to sleep on my stomach, only sides makes my hips ache & on my back .... It locks up & I can barely move.

i guess most of you are celebrating Mothers Day today...  I'm not celebrating BUT. 40 years ago at 9:04 am I,became a mother for the first time.  When I called the Dr. & he told me to go to the hospital.  I crawled back in bed.... Told Bill I wasn't going!  He freaked afraid Id deliver at home.  Lol. Rachel was 8lbs 2 oz. 21" long with dark hair.

i hope all of you have a lovely day with your family.

by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:24 AM
Replies (1-6):
frangipani731
by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this

What a wonderful Mothers Day you had back then.My babies were not that small: 9lb 10oz, 9lb 7oz and 8lb 14oz.

Mother's day for us is next week, next Sunday so I have a few days to wait. I celebrate Mother's Day differently by thanking my chilldren for living up to my expectations and then exceeding them, for being children I am proud of and for enabling me to be their mother. It is my day when I rule the roost. Stan will be on Waiheke so I am going to spend the day catching up with my own Mum and my children. It makes for a great day.

dwidget
by Group Admin on May. 4, 2014 at 8:31 AM

good morning ladies.  well i am up and supper is on.  i did a lot of preparation yesterday so i just mixed up a vanilla pudding and put it mixed with coconut into a pie shell i made so we can have coconut cream pie tonight.  i love coconut cream pie and it is made with ingredients i can enjoy.  also i prepared the meat yesterday for chili con carne it is on lov in the crock pot.  i am now going to go and have a shower and hopefully make it to my meeting today.  i know i will not feel so great when i get home, due to allergies, but i really want to go.

have a great day everyone.

Granny2005
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Ruth my son was 9lbs 6 oz.  my duster & SIL had just had 10 pounders & I said NO more!  So,we took care of 'that'!

wooly
by Group Owner on May. 4, 2014 at 2:22 PM

You ladies make me hurt! My first son weighed 6 lbs, 15 oz, my next was 7 lbs. 6 oz. and my last after surgery weigt was 7 lbs. 4 0z. His actual birth weight was 8 lbs. 8 oz., but 17 ozs of that was removed when he was 3 days old. And that birth left me in not good shape. my family Dr told me He should have been a c-section.

frangipani731
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Quoting Granny2005:

Ruth my son was 9lbs 6 oz.  my duster & SIL had just had 10 pounders & I said NO more!  So,we took care of 'that'!

My mother's smallest baby was 8lb 8oz and her largest (me) was 10lb 1oz. I wonder if that is why Mum loves knitting baby clothes which could fit a 6 month old!

frangipani731
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Off to work today, toddlers await. It is raining so a wet day means children will be inside (yay).

I have my knitting ready to take for breaks and just have to prepare my lunch. You cn see where my priorities lie.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)