Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My crocheting

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 144 Total Views
1 mom liked this

As I'm packing I came across these.  My Gramma made the round one but I did the others.  About 20 years ago..  Not sure you can see it but the left one has a Rose design & the right teddy bears.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wooly
by Group Owner on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Cute! The only thing I like to crochet is thread, so that means doilies and my kitchen valance. And then I got brain dead and made some small black doilies for my bathroom. Nice job, Patti!

kiweerose
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:38 AM

oh very nice work.

frangipani731
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:21 AM

I think the best part of packing is finding the special items and reconnecting with the memories. I cannot pack my photos albums without going through each one first.

Filet crochet is beautiful. Patti, you are a woman of many talents.

Granny2005
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 5:36 AM

thank youLike I said. 20 years ago I could see to do this.  Today I can't 

dwidget
by Group Admin on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:13 AM

patti i love your filet crochet work.  they are just lovely. i can see you still have your grandmother's doily.  that is such a nice keepsake to have.

mammadonna
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:34 AM
I like to frame old doilies and use them as artwork. Nice job!
wooly
by Group Owner on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Patti, you've got one up on me. I have tons of doily patterns, but i've only tried Filet Crochet once and that was on a road trip when the boys were small. I couldn't keep track of the count and pay attention to the boys and the pattern at the same time, so I gave up and never tried again.

I think I'm one of the dinosaurs that still uses doilies! I have them all over my house! They go with the Antiques!

dwidget
by Group Admin on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:26 AM

i have doilies does that make me a dinosaur too. LOL

Granny2005
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:06 PM

I use some myself but not as many as when I first got married.  I enjoy doing it but just can't see the threads now.  Would anyone like 4 balls of pink thread?

dwidget
by Group Admin on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:40 PM

sorry patti i am downsizing too. LOL

Quoting Granny2005:

I use some myself but not as many as when I first got married.  I enjoy doing it but just can't see the threads now.  Would anyone like 4 balls of pink thread?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)