• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friday's daily journal

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:04 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 165 Total Views

snoopy is everyone's favourite so i thought i would share hime with you.

good morning ladies how is everyone doing today?  what is the weather like where you live.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:04 AM
Replies (1-7):
dwidget
by Group Admin on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:16 AM

i find this picture so appropriate to our group since it is friends being together and knitting and talking about knitting.

good morning ladies.  i woke up early today around 5 and debated getting up but i went to bed so early last night i couldn't sleep any more and i also had a long afternoon nap at least 3 hours or more.

as to knitting i managed to knit 18 rows.  i know because the pattern said knit 18 rows and i marked them off on a piece of paper. LOL it took from the morning to bedtime to finish them.  as i said this 5 hour sweater will turn into a 5 day sweater.

michael is helping me to clean out the locker.  he brings me a couple of totes and the next day he puts them back and i sort through the next set he brings me. my living room is a mess but the locker is looking better.  i will drop off the stuff i am donating on monday when i go to the chiropractor. it to is mounting up. LOL  so i am accomplishing something during the day.

i soaked my beans last night and they are boiling away on the stove.  i am making homemade baked beans.  they are really good and everyone enjoys them.  when they are tender they will bake in the over for about 7 hours at 250*F.  so they will be ready for supper.

have a great day ladies.  i hope to finish the back of my sweater today.

wooly
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Today should be interesting. we have showings fom 11-12 and again at 4:30-5:30 in between i have an open house to see if I can get rid of some of my Paparaazi jewelry and then at 3 I have a dental appt and at 4 a lady is coming by to get some hangers and bring me a game for my Wii, that I'll put away for the grandkids to play when they come. I think it's gonna be a full day!  

sweetviolet60
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a busy day Wooly, Cynthia sounds like your downsizing is going well.  Humidity finally broke here so got a good nights sleep for a change. My countertop was installed yesterday (the ever continuing kitchen project) so I have some drawers to fill.  Tile comes end of next week, hopefully by following week work will be done except for curtains and shades and painting.  I have so much more cabinet and counter space.  Lots of things crammed on old counter can now go in drawers.   

I can't wait to get back to cooking and baking.

Have a great day everyone.

SweetViolet60

frangipani731
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Saturday morning, sunshine and a slight breeze, and to top it off I have no laundry to do till tomorrow. The joys of being organised.

I have a colleague visiting this morning for a chat. I hope it goes OK, I know he is stressed and this has caused a few problems at work. Still a cup of tea and a chat is a good way to set the weekend going.

The rest of my day will continue with Morse lessons, knitting, sewing and if the sunshine continues, a little gardening too. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Granny2005
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:04 PM

My day was awful.  Bill was home by 9:30. Rae came at 10. Boys were already fighting(like all boys do) Bill decided Rae & I should take down the pool. We used the shop vac Sam went in pool to help Rae push the water toward the hose but Greg didn't want to.  He's only willing to help If it's his idea.  Mean time he's whining,  Bill & I hate whining,  my kids never did that.  then Greg tried to beat on Sam but I saw him. I do nit tolerate that at my house!  So I made him go in time out.   He kept hollow earring it was an accident no way!  Then his father showed up & I asked him to take Greg with him.  So much less stress.

then Bill just sat on his butt! I thought he was home early to work at getting things done.

Thanks for letting me vent.  Sorry,

wooly
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:27 PM

We all need to vent sometimes, this is as good a place as any. 

Quoting Granny2005:

My day was awful.  Bill was home by 9:30. Rae came at 10. Boys were already fighting(like all boys do) Bill decided Rae & I should take down the pool. We used the shop vac Sam went in pool to help Rae push the water toward the hose but Greg didn't want to.  He's only willing to help If it's his idea.  Mean time he's whining,  Bill & I hate whining,  my kids never did that.  then Greg tried to beat on Sam but I saw him. I do nit tolerate that at my house!  So I made him go in time out.   He kept hollow earring it was an accident no way!  Then his father showed up & I asked him to take Greg with him.  So much less stress.

then Bill just sat on his butt! I thought he was home early to work at getting things done.

Thanks for letting me vent.  Sorry,

dwidget
by Group Admin on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:43 PM

vent away patti.  it sounded pretty stressful to me.  

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)