Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sunday's daily journal

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 97 Total Views

this always reminds me of wooly.  in fact, i saved it as wooly.  she is the only shoe fanatic that i know of.  i have known her long enough that i can honestly say she doesn't criticize but i am not sure about stealing the shoes right off your feet. LOL

good morning ladies.  how is everyone doing today?  what is the weather like where you are?

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Replies (1-4):
dwidget
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:26 AM

i think in this one i am the little old lady begging for yarn. LOL  i love yarn what can i say.  i am having such a problem parting with it since i can imagine all the lovely things i can make of it.  downsizing my yarn and fabric is really difficult for me.  i see too many possiblities and forget about the time and desire to make it up into something useable.

last night i woke up at 2 am just in time for the thunder storm and lighning show.  it was spetacular and went on until 4 am when i finally went to bed.  it was just one of those powerful moments that you occassionally have in your life.  it was great to see.  i just wish i could have been out on the balcony.

due to the fact that i have been up 2 nights, muscles aching so bad i could hardly get out of bed and i have a headache.  also the deciding factor is my neck and shoulder pain is back.  it is official my virus just backed off for a few days and is back with a vengence.  needless to say i am staying home.

it is going to be 79* and rainy or stormy today.  

wooly
by Group Owner on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:01 PM

I am an admitted shoe Freak!! Well, I guess I'm finding out why the jewelry business never made a go here. In the last 2 days I have had exactly no one show up for my Open House Going Out of business sale. Well today I get to do some more packing, yeah (sarcasm) I may not do it today and just hang out and knit. Bob decided that he was tired of seeing me constantly trying to salvage my knitting when my Knit Picks needles either come unscrewed or the cord falls out of the socket and he told me to order myself what I needed in Addi Long Lace tip clicks and they came yesterday. I had bought just a couple of tips and 2 cords to ty them out and I'm in Love! No more fighting them over the connection, and I haven't read anywhere about them falling apart mid row. I have a nice collection of regular Addi circs, that's what I carried in my shop, but the tips are so blunt that I need to K2tog on the sweater i'm working on and it's a struggle. For just knitting they're a dream! Now I have to decide what to do with all my Knit Picks needles.

I hope everyone has a wondrful day!!

frangipani731
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Good morning, Monday is upon us and I am off to work for another great day with toddlers. I haven't worked there for a while. I hope that today will be a good day with the chance for children to get outside. We woke to a minor frost which usually means a sunny day.

My knitting is packed and reasy to take with me. When I work at the toddler centre I take my breaks in the car as the staff room gets very noisy. I am thinking of doing that too at the preschool centre as it means I can get my knitting done in peace. I definitely like the quietness of a break and am better able to deal with the moods and behaviours of toddlers if I can have a break.Knitting means I am doubly relaxed.

Granny2005
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Good afternoon.  Slept late (im 62 now).   Did 2loads of wash. Ate took shower & dug right in to packing.  I gave my neighbor the quilt I started 15 years ago for my son.   Trip around the world.  I love it but once I stopped I never picked up & I hate sewing.  Where I knit she quilts.  I'm sure some one will love it someday.

it's hot & humid. We have the AC on.  More packing to do

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)