Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wednesday's daily journal

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:14 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 168 Total Views

good morning ladies.  hopefully we are all doing great today.  i wonder what kind of weather you are getting today.

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
dwidget
by Group Admin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:20 AM

after reading wooly's post on knitting i just had to have pictures dealing with at least 1 aspect of knitting. LOL  i enjoyed the article wooly posted as saw why my dr encouraged me to knit, sew or crochet after my coma.  amazing the pleasure we have rec'd all these years and didn't even realize the benefits our brains were receiving as well as our mental health.  thnaks so much wooly

i am up and teh sun has decided to shine.  it is supposed to be 72* with thunder storms today.  my plans for today are grocery shopping and i have 3 stores i need to go to for different things that are not available at wal mart where i will do some of my shopping.  i am also working on soakers for the baby so i hope i get to knit today.

have a great day ladies.

sweetviolet60
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Weather ok here, a bit warm and cloudy.

Cynthia, what are soakers?  Diapers?   that's all I could think of. lol

Talk to you later. No news to report from here.

SweetViolet60

wooly
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Soakers are what cloth diaperers are using for plastic pants these days amd you can knit them or crochet them. I made some for my Granddaughter with a skirt. Her mother was using disposal diapers, but the diaper cover was cute.

Quoting sweetviolet60:

wooly
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:48 AM

It was  raining every after noon, but now it's just raining. After our flood last year people living in the Canyon are concerned. 

I have a friend coming over around 11 for jewelry shopping and then I'm going to tear it all down and put everything in the totes and stick it in the garage. Then it's on to declutter the downstairs rooms.

dwidget
by Group Admin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:44 PM

the soakers i am making are just like a pair of underpants worn over the huggies or whatever and i hope to put a skirt around the waistband. these are not for cloth diapering since they are made of acryllic not wool.

Quoting sweetviolet60:

sweetviolet60
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:28 PM

thanks for the explanation. Love to learn different terminology.

SweetViolet60

Granny2005
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:33 PM

How did soakers keep dry when worn over cloth diapers?

alone all morning.  Did a little packing.  After Bill got home we delivered a lawn chair to a friend in Brattb then got. An ice cream from BK.  No,sooner drove in the yard &'a friend dropped by,  later and elder from our congregation dropped by.  Slowly people are finding out we are moving.  Now if only we had a diffinate place to go.

dwidget
by Group Admin on Jul. 31, 2014 at 5:54 AM

soakers kept them dry only when they were made out of wool.  the lanolin in the wool made them waterproof from what i hear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)