Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thursday's daily journal

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:24 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 227 Total Views

Good Morning Have a Nice Thursday

i hope everyone has a great day today.  anything planned for the day?

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:24 AM
Replies (1-10):
dwidget
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:30 AM

i think i drank too much caffeine yesterday since i accomplished more than i ever thought i would.  i got my hair cut and i had fun at the hairdressers with brenda and the hairdresser teasing me and of course i was teasing back.  then we went to our favourite grocery store and stocked up on a few things.  brenda suggested going to see chantelle and helping her do the things she thought she would have to do today. brenda was afraid that the weather might not be so good today and what is chantelle slipped.  i babysat autum, who never woke up. brenda brought me home and i put away my groceries and did 3 loads of drowning in laundry.  so i don't know if i will have any energy today or not since i didn't sleep too well last night probably from the effects of caffeine and adrenalin. LOL  i told chantelle i would make hats for her grandparents so i am going to try and do that today, at least start on them.

have a wonderful day ladies.

Granny2005
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Good morning, I'm up since the neighbor came to see Elise at 6:45....  It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so loud.  So I got up& fed Monk.  I hope to be alone most of the day & get some cleaning done.

cleaning & knitting is my plans for today.

its cloudy & dry here.

sweetviolet60
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Good morning,

Wow, Cynthia, you got a lot done yesterday.  Patti, sorry you were awakened so early.  I have a few errands to do.

Have to shop for ingredients for cookies.  My daughter, and 4 other friends have met for the past 4 years for Cookie Day in Decemeber.  We all bring recipes and ingredients and make lots of cookies, then divide them up.  We have so much fun and I love this holiday tradition.

SweetViolet60

wooly
by Group Owner on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I went for my monthly Dr appt yesterday and found out the reason I haven't felt well the last couple of days is because my temp is over 100, since 97.3 is my norm over 100 is not a good thing. I don't have any symptoms except just an all over not feel good, so there's nothing to treat. I was just told to stay in and keep track of it and make sure it doesn't go any higher. So, Bob is home today and I'll probably be on the couch watching TV and either knitting or crocheting.

kiweerose
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:17 PM

hello ladies...hope everyone gets well and feels better.

even though we had lots of rain the past few days....it helps a little for our drought, so still hoping for more rain and snow storms to come our way.

hoping to do laundry and dry it outdoors and more knitting.

frangipani731
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Good morning. I am off to work to enjoy my Friday before the weekend. I love my duties at the moment: having 9 am starts is certainly agreeable. I have a lot of paperwork to do to finalise the preparation for ERO, but plan to have it done in time for me to refocus on being creative before Christmas.

I have not spent a lot of time with knitting or crocheting, or sewing. I need to spend more time doing this but it is matter of prioritising. Tonight if I can get the paper work done I can at least spend the weekend with Stan.

It is so nice having Stan home. Three months is a long time and I am pleased to have him back for longer than two hours! As old as we are, he still makes my heart flutter.

Kiweerose, I hope you do get the benefits of rain and snow. We have had enough drought-summers and it is devastatng for plants, crops, farmers and economy alike.

Wooly, I hope you are feeling better soon. When I was a kid Mum told me that having a temperature was your body's way of fighting infection, so it at this level is a good thing- it is your body doing what it is designed to do.

Lois, I would love to have a cookie day, but with Mum living in Auckland and Joy in Wellington, it is not to be. When Joy comes here all she wants to do is bake, so I am sure that we will have very full tins by the time she goes home.

Cynthia please send some energy here- either that or your coffee. I could do with a kick start to my morning.

Have a lovely day everyone!

whitleypittman
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Work. Torn between knitting while I'm here or working on DH's crocheted blanket. After work, it's off to the grocerie store.
frangipani731
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this

My son who graduated two nights ago

The big guy in the middle? He is my baby!

dwidget
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:43 PM

congratulations to jaron.  please give him my love and tell him very well done indeed.  you must be so happy and proud.

kiweerose
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM

oh congrats to your son on getting the diploma Ruth.

ohyes the 3 yr drought soaked up our rains so it helped a little bit for relief. We are told we still need to watch our usage of our waters. Hoping we still get more for rains and snows.

as much as i enjoy knitting the dishcloths, i still have a couple more sets to make and know time is getting closer....so will do some in crochet.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)