Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tuesday's Daily Journal

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 7:17 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 156 Total Views

Why sheep shouldn't spin.

so how is everyone doing today

by on May. 5, 2015 at 7:17 AM
Replies (1-10):
dwidget
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 7:19 AM

IMPORTANT

please read ruth's posting from yesterday if you haven't already.  i am sure she would appreciate more warm thoughts and prayers for her and stan.

dwidget
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 7:23 AM

good morning ladies.  well today is company coming day and i am just about ready for the gang to arrive.  i just have to tidy up a few last minute things and reheat the chili and pulled pork.

it is going to be cooler today since it is only going up to 64* but into the high 70's at the end of the week.  i will soon need my a/c.  i wonder if i should ask the boys to do it today. hmmm or with being so many of us it might be a bad idea. lol

ruth i am so glad that stan had the operation.  i am also glad that they were able to find the other problem and take care of it as well.  my prayers are with you both.  please keep us updated.

kiweerose
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:36 AM

prayers and thoughts for ruth and her stan at this time. Glad the drs discovered this problem and took care of stan.

i like that lamb.

did small errands and have a bit more to do.

wooly
by Group Owner on May. 5, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Today is a new day and no plans. I'm glad Stan's other problem wasfound and taken care of. He's going to feel soooo much better!

Dwidget, i hope your company enjoys all the cooking you've done!

Have a wonderful day Ladies! 

frangipani731
by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:48 PM
2 moms liked this

It is strange sitting here and thinking of Stan in the hospital.

What happened was he was taken down to theatre to have the device put in, an interesting yoyo shaped bung which was designed to plug the gap witht he heart wall sitting in the depression of the "yoyo" meaning the hole was filled from both sides. At least that was the theory. During surgery the device moved and because of the size, it was unable to be retrieved. This meant that a procedure became emergency open heart surgery, performed by an American doctor from Virginia. Whith an Italian anaesthetist it was a cosmopolitan event. The hospital phoned me last night to tell me that Stan was still heavily sedated and intubated, on life support. During the night they were weaning him off life support and I will be able to see him in the morning.

Thank you everyone for your on-going support and even though we are geographically distant, I still feel close and connected, and it does make a difference.

kiweerose
by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:41 PM

continued good thoughts and prayers for you both on this. That is a mix of drs at the hospital. Glad he will be gradually off the life support, recovering and healing.

sweetviolet60
by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Glad to know he is being weaned off life support, I know you won't rest well until you can see him for yourself.  Prayers and hugs for his recovery. Please take care of yourself.

SweetViolet60

frangipani731
by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:28 PM

Stan is not doing so well. He has had two seizures today. He is going to have some neurological tests, MRI etc to see what is going on. It was hard seeing  him all hooked up to ventilators and tubes and machines and bottles etc. He would hate knowing he is this state. Just as well he doesn't know.

kiweerose
by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:35 PM

ruth...still continuing prayers for you and stan. 

wooly
by Group Owner on May. 6, 2015 at 12:11 AM

Ruth I hope they find out what's causing the seizures and fix it. Positive thoughts help. 

Quoting frangipani731:

Stan is not doing so well. He has had two seizures today. He is going to have some neurological tests, MRI etc to see what is going on. It was hard seeing  him all hooked up to ventilators and tubes and machines and bottles etc. He would hate knowing he is this state. Just as well he doesn't know.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)