Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sunday's Daily Journal

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:45 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 179 Total Views

good morning ladies.  even after 12 hours of sleep i am still exhausted.  i don't know what it is, but maybe allergies.

by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:45 AM
Replies (1-8):
dwidget
by Group Admin on May. 17, 2015 at 8:50 AM

Yeah!! today is sunny and bright, how cheerful for me.  i feel like something the cat dragged in and the dog refused to drag out. lol english grandmothers have the best expressions. lol or grandmas in general do. lol  today michael is supposed to take me grocery shopping but that isn't happening so i will tell him what i need and that will make my list smaller but get the necessities.  i will probably send the hats with brenda since i think i will have to listen to the meeting on the phone.  i hope everyone has a great day.

wooly
by Group Owner on May. 17, 2015 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

No real sleep for me last night. Lots of little naps. I did a few more rows on my shawl when I was up and it's looking pretty good. It'll need to be blocked and I'll have to wait for that, but it's very stretchy, so I'm happy that it'll be big enough to be a shawl big enough for me. Bob mentioned last night that he's never seen me take so long on one project so I showed him the thickness of the yarn and the chart i'm working off of and he shut up! LOL! I think he's funny. I have 3 skeins of yarn about 200 yards each and I'm about halfway thru my second one. It's going to be a while! But it's looking wonderful!

Have a Nice Day Ladies!!

whitleypittman
by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:47 AM
I had a cup of strong coffee, and now I'm wired. Went through the stuff at the top of our closet and cleared out a TON of it. On to the nightstand beneath the tv. Gotta have all of that organized before the mattress guys get here with out new mattress. Might knit some on my cardigan after a shower and dishes.
frangipani731
by on May. 17, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Good morning, my first day back at work after 2 weeks.

We had some drama last night. Stan went for his walk and took his radio with him so he could talk with me. The neighbourhood thug started intimidating and chased Stan down the road. He called me on the radio and I got the police. I found Stan at a house too far away for him to walk back. Police turned up moments after I got home and they called the ambulance because it was only 2 days since we got home. Stan is OK but had a nasty fright. The thug has been given a warning and told he will be charged if he comes near us or our home again.

I have showered but now need to go do the nights dishes and get my lunch sorted. As Stan is not allowed to lift more than a kg, I am going to prepare a tray with little containers for him for lunch. Instead of a bento lunch box, he will have a bento lunch tray. That way he can pick and choose and not be tempted to get heavy containers out.

First things first though: check the possum traps and have breakfast and coffee before getting the firewood on the deck. Then it is off to work for a catch up with all the children. I do need to come home at lunch time to ferry Stan to the GP for a post op check up, then I will deliver him home and tuck him up tight before I return at dinner time.

frangipani731
by on May. 17, 2015 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Mum would say she felt like she had been dragged through a birch bush backwards and if I was scruffy she said I looked like the wreck of the Hesperus. She had a saying for everything.

Quoting dwidget:

Yeah!! today is sunny and bright, how cheerful for me.  i feel like something the cat dragged in and the dog refused to drag out. lol english grandmothers have the best expressions. lol or grandmas in general do. lol  today michael is supposed to take me grocery shopping but that isn't happening so i will tell him what i need and that will make my list smaller but get the necessities.  i will probably send the hats with brenda since i think i will have to listen to the meeting on the phone.  i hope everyone has a great day.

dwidget
by Group Admin on May. 17, 2015 at 4:06 PM

yes i was told i looked like the wreck of the hesperus before when i was young. lol

the wreck of the hesperus is a poem by henry wadsworth longfellow. lol

dwidget
by Group Admin on May. 17, 2015 at 4:07 PM

i am so sorry that stan was chased by the thug.  i hope that he listens to the police and stays away from stan.  maybe you should walk with him.  i am so glad that he had his radio with him.

kiweerose
by on May. 17, 2015 at 7:02 PM

..ohno for that idiot thug doing that . Glad your stan is good and glad he took his radio. Glad the police came and warned. Hope there is no next time. Have  a nice evening.

Quoting frangipani731:

Good morning, my first day back at work after 2 weeks.

We had some drama last night. Stan went for his walk and took his radio with him so he could talk with me. The neighbourhood thug started intimidating and chased Stan down the road. He called me on the radio and I got the police. I found Stan at a house too far away for him to walk back. Police turned up moments after I got home and they called the ambulance because it was only 2 days since we got home. Stan is OK but had a nasty fright. The thug has been given a warning and told he will be charged if he comes near us or our home again.

I have showered but now need to go do the nights dishes and get my lunch sorted. As Stan is not allowed to lift more than a kg, I am going to prepare a tray with little containers for him for lunch. Instead of a bento lunch box, he will have a bento lunch tray. That way he can pick and choose and not be tempted to get heavy containers out.

First things first though: check the possum traps and have breakfast and coffee before getting the firewood on the deck. Then it is off to work for a catch up with all the children. I do need to come home at lunch time to ferry Stan to the GP for a post op check up, then I will deliver him home and tuck him up tight before I return at dinner time.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)