Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tuesday Daily Journal

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:56 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 149 Total Views

Lois i am finding lots of cute puppies for you.  i hope the others enjoy seeing them as well.  this is a really cute pair.  how is everyone doing today?

Cute White Puppies | In Photos

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:56 AM
Replies (1-7):
dwidget
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:03 AM

kiwirose posted her first mitt and she did a really good job.  i am so happy for her.  i hope she doesn't do the mistake of making two for the same hand.  can you tell experience is talking. lol

today is sunny and going from 46* to 64* but with sunshine.  it is so much easier to deal with sunshine than dull, drab and dreary and damp like poor ruth is dealing with.

i got some knitting done on my chenille scarf.  acutally ruth i am not having any problems with it.  it is bulky wt and on size 12mm needles. my own design, snicker, snicker. lol

co 25 st next time i will make it 26

row 1; k2tog yo repeat to end of row

row2. yo k2tog repeat to end of row.

i like airy things but my brain can't do lace anymore so if i can't find what i want to do i make up my own pattern which i know i can do.

have a great day ladies.

kiweerose
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

thanks..yes that is my first mitten. When i finish the other one i will donate it to charity pickup. I plan to keep practicing. I was looking at them last yr but did not feel like doing them at the time. This yr is trying new things for at least every month.

waving hellos. Eh?? overcast morning again. Yesterday had some sun and blue skies. 

errands to do after my breakfast.

have a nice day to you ladies

sweetviolet60
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you Cynthia for continuing to warm my heart with the puppies. 

It is cold and raw here, raining and 50, yikes, June 2 .  Doing indoor chores, just came back from breakfast with Joe.

SweetViolet60

sweetviolet60
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Kiwirose, nice job on the mitten, I haven't mastered mittens yet although I've tried.

Ruth, please take care of yourself.  I remember when Joe has his concussion and I had to care for him,  it's very easy to get run down and exhausted but I learned to take care of myself so I could take care of him.  I know it's difficult, men do not make very good patients, sending you a virtual hug.hugging

SweetViolet60

whitleypittman
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:00 AM
I'm up. Finished one sock yesterday. Now I'm working on the toe of its mate. Got some dishes to do and I need to vacuum.
kiweerose
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:50 AM

thanks...sweetviolet...yes this is not going to be the last time i do these mittens. I like doing them . Very interesting. I plan to make them and put them in the donation bag..

frangipani731
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Good morning my friends. I am off to a flying start: out of bed and showered. I would rather by in bed. The down side to a long weekend is I cannot be sure what day of the week it is. Much easier when the newspapers used to be delivered, then I could check asking "Ahhh, what day is it today?"

The children today are having a royal tea party as last weekend was Queen's Birthday. Today they get to dress up in their royal finery and share a morning tea of scones, jam and cream, pikelets and queen cakes with their grandparents. Then of course there is the birthday cake and the children will sing Happy Birthday Dear Queen. Stan is coming in for a visit as he doesn't have grandchildren and a lot of the children do not have grandparents. It is good to get him out of the house.

Thanks for the hug Lois. Because Stan is an engineer he analyses everything he can,he doesn't complain, he simply tweaks everything to the nth degree, as he says, where n is a very small number. Drives me batty as he doesn't accept first hand what his highly qualified surgeon/ physiotherapist knows without first analysing it. Grr. Apart from that he is a very good patient and the nurses appreciated his expression of gratitude when he was on the ward.

Because I start early I will be finishing early today. I am looking forward to climbing into bed early tonight. A little bit of crocheting, a little knitting, soup, a warm fire and a soft snuggly bed! I can feel it already.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)