Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saturday Daily Journal

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:14 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 88 Total Views

dumbo and stitch.  i thought you might like something sweet today. lol

by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:14 AM
Replies (1-3):
dwidget
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:26 AM

good morning ladies.  as i read the post yesterday i saw lois has vexed on her list.  i would only recommend the first 3 of the series since the next ones have inappropriate language.  i will not be watching it anymore. it is a shame when you have a good program that changes and starts feeding tmi/to much information that you didn't know and didn't want to know.  once they changed the lead actress to me the program went south.  no offense ruth. lol

well yesterday in spite of a slow beginning went really well.  brenda and her hubby gary came over and he brought back one of the canes and took the wlaker home. lol he is having a hip replacement on the 10th. he is off pain meds and having a rough time being comfy at any time. so he is getting used to the walker before the operation.  before they came i had put on my slow cooker with steel cut oats since i have been too tired to do so at night.  after they left i mixed together my gf flours and made up a loaf of bread in the bread machine.  so i got my 3 1/2" -4" high loaf of bread.  yes that is about as high as it gets using 3 cups of your mix.  a lot of work for a little bit in return. lol  if i still keep feeling well enough i need to go grocery shopping either today or tomorrow depending upon whether or not michael is working today.

have a great day ladies.

wooly
by Group Owner on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:45 PM

I couldn't get to sleep last night so I finished my " other " possum scarf. Afterwards I ripped the rest of the first one out and balled it. It looks like I have plenty to make a matching hat. It had an interesting bind off I've never done before. I'll take pics later after I wake up. 

If I have the energy and if it stays cool enough we're going to a gun show today or tomorrow. We're looking for the perfect Hot Pink pistol or I've always wanted an antique little pearl handled ladies derringer! It's looking more like it might be tomorrow. I'd really like to see the inside of my eyelids!

Have a Nice Weekend Everyone!

frangipani731
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Good morning lovely people. I am happy to report that all the circles for the mandala blanket are finished, a nd ready for me to attach them one to the other. very tricky and I will have to do them a little at a time over the week. It is not portable at this stage, meaning of course that I need to think of a new portable crochet project. Oh dear what a shame! (Te he)

I have knitting high on my list of things to do today a nd a little sewing too. I have nothing too exciting re sewing. I simply must, MUST sew a new clasp on to Stans back pack as he will be leaving for his next housesit on 18th. I have broken out my embroidery again. I guess this means that the things we have been through over the last year are beginning to settle. I need to get my creative juices flowing again instead of just thinking of the next task.

Cynthia, what  a shame about the language in the programme. It is a shame that this has happened. I can understand it when language is part of the story line, but not when it adds nothing to the value of the programme or to the viewers' entertainment

Wooly, I cannot wait to see your possum scarf. I am sure it will be snug. I LOVE the pattern.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)