Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thursday Daily Journal

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:56 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 83 Total Views

good morning ladies.  i hope everyone is well today and has a story to tell or a greeting to share.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:56 AM
Replies (1-4):
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Ruth i regret to tell you that yes i did another evel knievel trick yesterday.  i took down the cloth and the old plastic shower curtain so i could wash them.  however, i didn't have to straddle the tub just stand on the wide edge. then i also worked on my knitting machine and put on the back band.  then i decided to fix a problem on the sleeve that i had finished since i didn't do it correctly at the end making a facing and i had to work for about 1 - 2 hours making sure i had all the sts picked up and on the right row.  it didn't help that i had put the loops in between the sts on the needles.  that is what took all the time.  so know i have to count my sts before i begin knitting again so i will know what row i am on.  the sleeve is made from the top down already attached to the sweater.  lol i am amazed at how patient i was yesterday and not one bad word or thought in my head. lol

i am off to the ENT dr today.  i have gone to him over the passed 22 years.  he is a good man.

smile and enjoy your day.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I got up about 8 today - not sure what today is going to bring - need to finish the another quilt and block one of my projects 

it is double strand handspun Swedish wool - and I stored the pattern and project but I did't keep the needles with it -

so blocking and counting the stitches to see what size I was doing - and then doing a gauge swatch to see if I have the right needle size -

Oh did I say - the pattern is in Swedish ( something I don't read ) I did get a book Wooly recommended "Knitting Languages"

picture is before blocking - very dense fabric

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:19 PM

waving hello.

went to Michaels to get some yarn for my gift projects.

one neighbor gave some plants so i was busy planting them in pot to recover and grow . Later i can spread them around the yard.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Good morning friends and fellow knitters. Friday is here, fortunately the week has gone by quickly; I just hope the weekend goes slower.Joy's blanket is getting closer to the finish line but I forgot that as I do the edges, each row takes longer than the one before. Last night was cool though so it was nice to be  under the blanket as I worked on it.

I am off to work shortly. I have never felt so disinclined as I am feeling now. THe school holidays though have meant fewer children present as many are at home with their older siblings.

Grocery shopping tonight- the highlight of my week (maybe in another life). The best thing to do on a busy Friday night-battle disgruntled shoppers before getting home to put the items away. Oh well, if I do not want to starve I need to do this.

All things are packed and ready to go, so I guess I should do likewise.

Stuntwoman Cynthia, at this rate you will need a t-shirt saying "I do my own stunts". Wow you are a determined, problem-solving, awe-inspiring woman.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)