Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saturday's Daily Journal - Ruth's Sunday

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 6:15 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

this is for Ruth and how she must feel.  the only thing is it is her sunday.

by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 6:15 AM
Replies (1-9):
dwidget
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 6:23 AM

i can only imagine that while Ruth wants to relax she is busy getting ready for school tomorrow, poor thing.  i hope she rests up really well.  also their is another item added to our kiwi dictionary.  

today is going to be from our current 32*F to 36*F for our high today. i intend to knit on my scarf today since i am almost finished the ball of yarn and it is over 44" long so it will be longer when i am finished.  i really like the colours in it.  i know who this is for and hopefully i can give it to her when i go to the meeting on sunday.  now i can start on her sil's.

laundry finally got done yesterday. Wheeeeee!!!! i was so happy that my friend mr. n. r. gee showed up and helped out. lol 

have a great day ladies.

wooly
by Group Owner on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Bob got home yesterday afternoon and all the painting on the interior of the house is done for now. The dining room and kitchen haven't been done because I haven't been there to see what color it is and decide what I want to do with it. My bedroom is a very pale pink w/ one hot pink wall and white trim.  Bob brought me home a pic of it and said that they both liked how it came out. That's not how it started, trust me!  LOL! 

My floral arrangement for the upstairs guest bath is in the process and I think it's going to be gorgeous! So does the designer. I sent her the vase I bought and she's going to do the arrangemnt and send it back to me. I can't wait to see it all together!

This is getting to be fun now that we actually own a house! I really need to go shopping for flooring!

whitleypittman
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Had fun at knit night last night. Finishing up what little bit of laundry there is, then tackling the dishes.
wooly
by Group Owner on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:43 PM

That's something I'm looking forward to after we move in and get settled. I need to find a knitting group in Reno. I miss the girls from Estes Park. I still talk to some of them, but I miss getting out with them.

Quoting whitleypittman: Had fun at knit night last night. Finishing up what little bit of laundry there is, then tackling the dishes.

whitleypittman
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Josh and I agreed that, if I keep the house guest ready, there's no reason for me not to get out of said house.

Quoting wooly:

That's something I'm looking forward to after we move in and get settled. I need to find a knitting group in Reno. I miss the girls from Estes Park. I still talk to some of them, but I miss getting out with them.

Quoting whitleypittman: Had fun at knit night last night. Finishing up what little bit of laundry there is, then tackling the dishes.

frangipani731
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Because of Waitangi Day I get a three day weekend. It is our last long weekend till ANZAC Day, so I am making the most of it. I need to get my diary up to date and that way I an be sure that I get done all the things I need to get done.

In the meantime, all I plan to do today is basic housework: dishes, meal preparation and that is about it other than knit and crochet. So many things I want to do that I am not going to let some extra housework get in the way. I feel invogorated from my holiday so do not want to spoil it.

One thing I discovered on my holiday is that I absolutely cannot have dairy products. The pain from it is a great disincentive and I am healthier without, so all good.

Here's to a great week ahead.

sandy562
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:20 PM

finished altering the dress for Harley as she is going to the Winter Formal ( the dress is her big sisters ) it needed to be about 5 inches shorter

I watched a some quilting videos on YouTube and found one that looks easy and so need to start another wedding quilt - it is due in May for the wedding of my grandson

not sure why but one of the neighbor kids is sitting on the roof next door

I have some soup left over so dinner is ready - just need to heat it up

GE1
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Today I knitted Gregory's doggie a ball! So now Gregory is satisfied now that doggie has clothes, a collar, a leash, a bone and the ball.

Now I am working on a bunny for my husband's car window. I finished the head so far but he has no clue what it is. All he knows is that I am knitting him something.

My next project is to knit Gregory a nice long snake for his new bed. He is getting his bed tomorrow. With all his stuffed animals around him, that bed will be completely full. Hard to believe that he once looked so lost in his crib/toddler bed and now he has completely outgrown it and is moving on to a twin bed. How did he grow so quickly? In September, he starts JK

sandy562
by on Feb. 7, 2016 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

our kids grow so fast - John Jr. is a senior this year and Harley is in the 10th grade - I can't believe it was so few years ago they were just babies - and now both are taller than me - - both are dressed up to go to the Winter Formal

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)