Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sunday's Daily Journal

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:46 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 126 Total Views

No Quitter.....:

by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:46 AM
Replies (1-6):
dwidget
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:52 AM

Unfortunately for me this was the case.  all i did was knit and watch netflix. i am watching a series called when the heart calls based on a book by Janette Oke.  i have read her books before but not this one.  it is lovely watching a series that an entire family can watch without a swear word or bloody gory scenes.  it is just wholesome.  my scarf is finished and i am debating on a fringe and if i have enough yarn to put on a fringe or just crochet a beaded edgeing.  other than my meeting and trying to decide what to make for supper and if i am able to tackle the 2nd graph on my sock or start another project i have no idea what i will be up to.  have a great day ladies.

frangipani731
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Good morning my friends. Monday morning is here already. I do not know where the weekend went, but it went so fast it produced a sonic boom. I woke this morning to the sound of rain. Hopefully the children at work will still get to go outside. A little wet play won't hurt them and it is a lot more peacedul than having 30 children inside in the rain.

Joy and I are expecting a large box of yarn to arrive today. The excitemnt of seeing the yarn come in will be greatly surpassed when we sell it.

I have worked out the layout for my large CAL blanket. It is all in teal, white, mint, blue and petrel. I am sure it will be lovely when it is all pieced together. The finished size will be 6x5 12" squares plus borders. I get to this stage and think that is it, I won't do another one but already temptation is kicking in and I am looking at next year's.

I have knitting to do today at lunch time. I want to get a lot done before it gets too hot to do much. Yesterday was a scorcher. It gets very hot here although the humidity is a lot lower.

This gorgeous pohutukawa tree is not local. Pohutukawa is our Christmas tree and I thinks makes up for a lack of snow at Christmas time.

ahapiiknit
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:50 PM

what a colorful tree with all that red color.

yesterday rained all day,,,,so good to see the rains.

today is a break .

plan to crochet hats for donation.

sweetviolet60
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:09 PM

Ruth, that tree is breathtaking.  The color and size-are outstanding.  I would take that tree over the snow and cold any day.

It is cold here with snow in the forecast.  Been busy getting ready for Christmas, shopping done and wrapping almost done so I'm ahead of the game.  I think because I went away in Oct. and then in Nov. I worked hard to get shopping done early.  It is certainly more relaxing than rushing around.

SweetViolet60

whitleypittman
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:37 PM
Started up a hat. Should be done with it soon. Good binge watching material.
wooly
by Group Owner on Dec. 11, 2016 at 3:06 PM

I would love to have one of those trees in front of my house. All we have are different kinds of pine trees.

Quoting frangipani731:

Good morning my friends. Monday morning is here already. I do not know where the weekend went, but it went so fast it produced a sonic boom. I woke this morning to the sound of rain. Hopefully the children at work will still get to go outside. A little wet play won't hurt them and it is a lot more peacedul than having 30 children inside in the rain.

Joy and I are expecting a large box of yarn to arrive today. The excitemnt of seeing the yarn come in will be greatly surpassed when we sell it.

I have worked out the layout for my large CAL blanket. It is all in teal, white, mint, blue and petrel. I am sure it will be lovely when it is all pieced together. The finished size will be 6x5 12" squares plus borders. I get to this stage and think that is it, I won't do another one but already temptation is kicking in and I am looking at next year's.

I have knitting to do today at lunch time. I want to get a lot done before it gets too hot to do much. Yesterday was a scorcher. It gets very hot here although the humidity is a lot lower.

This gorgeous pohutukawa tree is not local. Pohutukawa is our Christmas tree and I thinks makes up for a lack of snow at Christmas time.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)